Monday, April 23, 2018

Makers' Monday

I'd planned to celebrate #MakersMonday by showing you a photo of my diagonal striped blanket with the caption, "Ta Da! Finished!" 

knitting a diagonal striped blanket with scrap sock yarns
74 stitches

But if I had, I'd have been lying.  I thought for sure I'd finish knitting the blanket last week.  I also thought I had less than 100 stitches on the needle at the start of last week. 

Once again, I was wrong.  At bedtime last Sunday (not yesterday, the previous Sunday) I finally got the courage to count the remaining stitches.  177.  One hundred, seventy seven!  How could I have looked at that and thought it was less than 100?  Wishful thinking I guess.

At bedtime last night, I was down to 74 stitches on the needle.  Barring breaking both arms (knock on wood!!) I will definitely finish knitting the blanket this week.  Definitely.  That is my promise to you and to myself.  The next photo/mention of this daggone blanket will be the Ta Da! photo.  I promise.

10 comments:

  1. It is going to be gorgeous, and you will finish it. Blankets always feel endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oddly, I'm not bored with knitting it, I just feel bad for the blog readers who have to keep seeing basically the same photo over and over and over again. :)

      Delete
  2. 74 stitches? Totally doable in a week. And if not (you do have that job cutting into your knitting time, don't you?), it sure will be finished soon. Can't wait to see the whole blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I think it's doable too!

      Delete
  3. Even if it is not a TA DA finish, it sure is pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it could be worse. You could have been 277 sts away from the finish? Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well you are closer to being done that last week :) I love the colors in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! It's off the needles now, but I guess I need to weave in all those pesky ends before I can officially call it 'done.'

    ReplyDelete