Friday, February 23, 2018

Still Happy!

I'm still happy dancing over here!

First, thank you for all the love on yesterday's post.  I was a little worried that I was being one of those annoying moms who think every single scribble their child makes is genius and should be hung in the Louvre.  I was glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought Sarah's letters were funny.

the new updated Vogue Knitting book available at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Vogue%C2%AE-Knitting-Ultimate-Book-Completely/dp/1942021690/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519348486&sr=8-1&keywords=vogue+knitting+the+ultimate+knitting+book
My new copy of Vogue Knitting

Second, I'm happy to report that I finally got my hands on a copy of the new, updated version of Vogue Knitting and it does not disappoint! 

While I've been anxious to see the new version, I didn't intend to buy it.  Why bother? I already own an original 1989 version.  So what if the new version has prettier, more modern photos?  I didn't need to spend the money just to get modern photos.  After all, it contains the same information.  It's just an update.  Right?

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

If you haven't checked it out yet, what are you waiting for?  Close this blog post, turn off your computer and go directly to your LYS, local book store or Amazon and find yourself a copy.  Today!

hand knit pompom hat for a small dog. https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
A smaller hat for Nooshi

And third, I'm happy to report that Nooshi likes her new, smaller pompom hat.  Admittedly, she looks a little skeptical in the photo.  But the smaller pompom is definitely more her size and her mom reports that Nooshi is happy to wear it.

7 comments:

  1. Okay. That little pom-pom hat looks adorable on Nooshi! Thanks for the early smile this morning.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she adorable! She's so cute she's tempting me to risk divorce by buying another dog. :)

      Delete
  2. Nooshi!!! what a pose and what a hat and what a pom pom :) :) The things we do for our pets!! loving that shawl more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be loving the shawl even more in a day or two when it's finally bound off! :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to see if our local B & N has their copies yet.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hat on the dog ;-) Vogue knitting? I'll have to check that one out (and find a way to get my hands on it in Curaçao or the Netherlands).
    Oh, and the colors of that shawl... I'm stuck in mute colors here, but next time I'll bring a lot of happy colors,

    ReplyDelete
  5. THe dog hat is so cute! Love your beautiful knitting. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete