Monday, February 19, 2018

A field of color

Knitting a mitered square blanket and a striped hitchhiker shawl
A field of color

I bet you thought I was going to be talking about spring flowers again, right?

Nope!  I'm trying to keep thoughts of fields of spring flowers (tulips instantly come to mind) at bay by concentrating on knitting my Hitchhiker shawl and the never ending mitered square blanket.

On the needles - a knitted blanket and a shawl
OTN 02/19/18

I keep thinking I'm doing so well and making good progress knitting each....  And then I check the numbers.  Although I'd swear that I'm knitting a minimum of four or five 'teeth' a day on the Hitchhiker, today's count shows it having 38 teeth.  It had 34 teeth three or four days ago. How is that possible?

And then the mitered squares.... Goodness!  I don't even want to think about it.  I had it in my head that I only needed to knit 15 or 20 more squares.  Nope!  I have 141 more to go.  One hundred and forty one more squares.

I SO wish I hadn't counted.

contest to name the yarn and win a skein of yarn
My second favorite mitered square

But, to make today's Makers' Monday post a little more cheerful and a little less whiny, let's have a contest.  That blue, orange and celery green square is my second favorite on the whole blanket so far.  It's knit from a self striping yarn.  The first person to name the yarn correctly in the comments below wins a random skein of yarn from my stash pile.

And, since it is Makers' Monday.... You know what to do.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that blanket! I can imagine the thought of 141 more squares is a stretch, but I guess it's a longterm project ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely long term. This summer will be it's third on the needles. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. That's like counting rows. I will swear I am there, and find I am 10 rows away. Or I don't count and end up 10 rows past!

    ReplyDelete