Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Closure

I won't have closure on my mitered square blanket any time soon but....

I'm knitting a mitered square blanket with scrap sock yarn.
Mitered squares in bad lighting

I have pulled it out of the UFO pile and begun working on it again.  I don't know how many blocks I have to knit before it's finished.  I refuse to count them.  Maybe in a few days...  For now, I'll be content with just knowing that it's my "current" project and that I've already knit six or seven squares since I rescued it from it's UFO fate.

Fantastically funny book

As for my reading, I'm currently enjoying The Seven Steps to Closure by Donna Joy Usher.  I'm absolutely LOVING this book!  It's hilarious!  According to my Kindle, I'm at the 51% mark and I've already laughed so hard I cried more times than I can count.  Twice I did the laughing/crying thing in public!  And once, I laughed so hard, I blew my Starbucks out of my nose.  That was painful.

I will warn you though - The Seven Steps to Closure does have quite a bit of cussing and a bit of sex.  It might not be everyone's cup of tea.  But I sure am enjoying it and I'll be looking for other books by the author when I finish reading this one.

To enjoy what others are knitting and reading, I"m joining both the #Unraveled and Yarn Along link ups today.

18 comments:

  1. It's fun to find a book that brings enjoyment and laughter!
    (And your blanket is so fun.)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love scrap yarn projects because I don't get bored knitting the same color row after row.

      Delete
  2. I keep wanting to knit a blanket! Your colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My "colors" are just left over scraps from many, many projects.

      Delete
  3. Blanket knitting...sigh. Someday I will be an adult knitter and do this! And, I have added this book to my list! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the book. As for the blanket, it's a great way to use up the yarn scraps.

      Delete
  4. I think that book has to go on my T-B-R list.

    I love all the colors in your blanket. I *think* I have about 18 more squares to do. That should mean that it took 1 year from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! You're doing better with your blanket than I am. Mine has been OTN for... well, this summer will be it's third. Yikes.

      Delete
  5. I am putting that book on my list. Just need to get to a local library and get a new card. Haven't been since we moved here in April! I guess I've been busy? Or lazy more like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to say, I haven't been to the library in years. I request books online & my daughter picks them up since she drives right past the library on her way to/from school.

      Delete
  6. I love a book that makes coffee come out of your nose :-) I will have to check it out! And I applaud anyone that takes on a blanket project - they are so big! It will be so pretty when it is done! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Hope you find & enjoy the book, but not so much it makes coffee spew from your nose. :) The blanket will soon be celebrating it's third year OTN. It's definitely been an on-going project. Once it got lap sized, I only knit on it in the winter.

      Delete
  7. your mitered square blanket is gorgeous!!! I love my blanket (ten stitch) and it's warm with all that wooly goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your 10 stitch blanket too. I think my directions for that blanket must be wrong. They were free instructions I found on someone's blog. I've attempted to knit it 5 or 6 times and have ended up with an oddly shaped triangle instead of a square each time.

      Delete
  8. I really like the look of this mitered square pattern! I've only ever crocheted blankets but knitting these squares looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun to knit because I'm constantly changing colors. And using up little bits of left over yarns. It's the perfect project for my short attention span.

      Delete