Friday, February 9, 2018

On The Needles

My current garter stitch, 'knit while I read' project is another Hitchhiker shawl. 

I'm knitting a Hitchhiker shawl for https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits?ref=profile_shopname
Hitchhiker

I thought I'd talked about it already, but I was unable to find a previous post, so maybe not.  I'm knitting the shawl with Patons Kroy Socks in the Blue Striped Ragg colorway and using a US 4 needle.  I was worried about how the self striping yarn would behave but so far, I'm very happy with it.  Very happy with it, except that I've knit 30 teeth already and it seems to be growing  in width much faster than in length.  But as they say, I'm sure that sh*t will block right out.

(Sorry.  I try very hard not to curse here on the blog, but I just love that blocking quote.)

12 comments:

  1. It's interesting the way self-striping sock yarn works in other projects. I really like those thin stripes in your shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid it would start pooling but so far, so good.

      Delete
  2. I love the edging on this pattern, I'll be adding it to my list. Triangular shawls are such a nice shape to wear, they always sit really nicely on your body.

    "I'm sure that sh*t will block right out" — this made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And haven't we all wished that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! My favorite blocking quote is: I'm going to block it like a thug. LOL! The self-striping yarn seems to be working up beautifully. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'd never heard that blocking quote before. And thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. those are beautiful colors! Love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It reminds me of a favorite pair of denim jeans.... which is most likely what I'll wear it with. :)

      Delete