Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm going to keep today's post super short - hopefully.

https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-End-Lane-Novel-ebook/dp/B009NFHF0Q/ref=pd_sim_351_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TJX5YY5QPVXXZ1HDD59W
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

After finishing Seven Steps to Closure, I started reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.  Seven Steps was a fun, hilarious read all the way to the end and while I'm only 31% into The Ocean, it's proving to be just as good, although for completely different reasons.  These days, I only seem to be able to find time to read right before bed.  I've trained myself to read a page or two then fall asleep.  If it wasn't for that, I think I'd have finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane in one sitting.  It's that good!

Temperature journal cowl hand knit with Palette yarns from Knit Picks.
2018 Weather Cowl

As for my knitting, I'm still busily knitting mitered squares for my blanket, doing some shop knitting and keeping up with my weather scarf. cowl.  I keep calling it a scarf, but it will definitely end up being a cowl, no question about it.  Each month will only be about two inches long.  Definitely not a scarf!  Although I seem to be incapable of calling it a cowl, I'm happy for it to be a cowl.  Specially since I can easily knit a liner for it and not have to deal with weaving in 365 loose ends.  I do wish I'd chosen a different green for the 67 - 77 degree range but.... I was/am working with what I have.  Gotta stick to that yarn diet!  I also find it amazing that it can be 70+ degrees one day and snowing the next.   Welcome to winter in Virginia!

Join me for today's #Unraveled  link-up.

10 comments:

  1. I have the ocean book on kindle but haven't read it yet. burying threads is a chore isn't it? I love when there is a liner but if not, I play a podcast and get to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I start weaving them in, I find it sort of soothing, but starting.... Ugh! I despise the starting. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how your cowl is turning out so far and the colors are really nice. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors playing together in you your cowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still not crazy about that dark green but... I can't wait to see how the summer heat colors blend in.

      Delete
  4. I love those colors together as well! And, yes, it is crazy pants weather, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy pants is a perfect description! We hit 70 the other day & 23 the next. This week, it's supposed to go up to 76, then snow & ice two days later. Crazy pants!

      Delete
  5. That weather cowl looks wonderful! I don't like cool temperatures, but I do like cool colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the cool colors also. As for actual temperatures, I like what we don't have. :) I dream of summer's warmth in winter and when I'm sweating to death in the summer heat, I dream of winter snow storms.

      Delete