Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Slytherin or Slithering?

I've made a tiny bit of progress on my Slytherin sock.  As you may or may not be able to see, I've started to knit the heel flap.

striped sock knit from Patons Kroy Socks in the Brambles colorway
Slytherin Sock

And now, I'm sort of slithering away from the project.

I'm blaming Dee over at Just D 2 Me.  She keeps posting photos of the progress she's making on her mitered square blanket.  And that reminded me I had a mitered square blanket hanging out in the UFO pile....  And then someone else posted a stunning scrap sock yarn blanket they'd made on a Facebook knitting group I'm in the other day...  And now I want to make one just like it.  But before I start the new scrap yarn blanket, I'd really like to finish the first.  (I have visions of knitting the second blanket and running out of yarn & being unable to finish the mitered square blanket.)

And really, I should be knitting the blanket now while it's cold instead of waiting and trying to finish it in August when it's 100 degrees.  It just makes sense.  Right?

Join me over at Frontier Dreams for today's #CraftingOn link up.

10 comments:

  1. It DOES make sense. PERFECT sense. And, we prefer to call it enabling!!!! LOL

    Your sock looks great too. Are you a Slytherin??? The first time I was sorted I was Ravenclaw. The second time I tried it, I was Slytherin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm in Gryffindor. And thanks for helping me find my mitered square mojo. I've already knit 5 or 6 more squares.

      Delete
  2. I love those socks!! what a pretty colorway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in that sock!!! So vivid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see how they finish up. The skein looked like it was 90% gray and green.

      Delete
  4. But socks! Don't you need socks now and not in August?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you're right! I do need socks. I knit so many pairs back in the '90's, I could probably count the number I've knit in the last 15 years on one hand. I'm in desperate need of new socks!

      Delete
  5. I like your slitherin sock so far! Very pretty colors

    ReplyDelete