Friday, December 8, 2017

On the needles

Gosh, this December blogging is tricky and extremely hard to photograph.  Everything I'm knitting is either a Christmas gift or a Big Secret Project.

I have a simple hat on the needles.  Will be for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
On the needles

I did start a simple, stockinette hat so that I'd have something mindless to knit on while I read my email. 

Live Nativity, the story of the birth of Christ
Living Nativity

The other night we attended a living nativity at a nearby farm.  We've been meaning to go for years but always forget (they only do it for three nights) or else it's raining or 18 below zero and I'm a weather wimp.  Anyway, we finally remembered to go this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I'd also like to know more about that baby Jesus.  Goodness, he was a good baby!  He was awake the whole time (we watched the 'show' twice so we were there for about an hour) and he never made a peep.  He just laid in Mary's arms, looking around and occasionally kicking one foot just enough so that you knew he was a real baby.  Baby Jesus was so well behaved, while walking back to our car, Sarah and I turned to each other and, at the same time, asked, "Was that baby drugged?" and "How much NyQuil do you think they gave that baby?"

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen a live Nativity outside of church and I'm pretty sure we used a doll. A live baby would make it so much more real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the farm owner's church youth group are the ones that put it on. Waiting for that baby to cry was the one thing that kept me from ignoring the story to go play with the sheep. :)

      Delete
  2. I am just so amazed by those of you who can read and knit at the same time. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only knit. No cables, lace, not even purl stitches. Just knitting. One of these days I'm going to learn to purl and read and life will be so much easier. Of course, I'll also need to learn to count while I read...

      Delete
  3. The hat yarn is one of my fav colors at the moment!!! Any shade of cranberry/plum/pinkish goodness! Love the green shawl, perfecto! And here's hoping you get all your secret knitting done! My plan is to force myself to read blogs everyday to stay on target and finish the 5 hats I need. 1 done, 1 started, 3 to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the baby was warm enough! Your evening sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our church used to do a live nativity but not any more. Gotta love mindless stockinette!!

    ReplyDelete