Friday, December 29, 2017

On the Needles

Well, it's not on the needles yet, but I spent yesterday (okay, one episode of Grey's Anatomy, but it felt like a whole day) winding this -

http://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=751143&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack= lace weight yarn for a log cabin shawl for #fringeandfriendslogalong
Gloss Lace from Knit Picks

The yarn is for #fringeandfriendslogalong that starts on January 1st.  And if you're having trouble reading that hashtag (it is a mouthful!) it's # fringe and friends log along.  You will find all the details at that link but if you want to know a little something about it before clicking....  It's a log cabin KAL.  You can knit anything you want with any yarn you want, you just have to knit it log cabin style.  And you can't start knitting until January 1st.

And I'm proud to announce, I have my yarn picked out.  

I'm not proud that, once again, I forgot to take photos of the yarn during daylight hours.  

I'll be using five skeins of Gloss Lace from Knit Picks plus two other lace weight yarns I found in my stash to knit a log cabin style, rectangular shawl.  To jazz it up just a little, the center piece will have a lacy pattern rather than being plain.  It looks fantastic in my head and pretty good drawn on paper.  We'll have to wait until January to see what it looks like in real life.

And since this is most likely my last post of 2017, I'll go ahead and say... For the New Year's Day Makers' Monday post, I'll be busy taking down our Christmas tree and eating black eyed peas so I won't be here on the blog, but I will create an automated post for you to link to if you'd like.  It will be set up  just like the Christmas Day Makers' Monday post.

Meanwhile, I'm wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. happy new year and I love your yarn and the colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now I'm tempted to logcabin along with you! I love knitting logcabin, but I'd have to run out and get me some yarn to be able to cast on New Year's day... I'll have to think about it.
    Wishing you a happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look like fun. Log Cabin is such a great and versatile pattern.
    I admire anyone who knits with lace-weight. I feel like it takes me eons to knit up fingering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a wonderful way to start 2018. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete