Monday, December 18, 2017

Makers' Monday

It's Makers' Monday and about all I'm making is a big, giant mess in my kitchen.  I spent two full days in the kitchen making eleven batches of rum balls.  Used an entire fifth of liquor!  Normally I only make six batches but my son wanted to give them to his buddies and asked me to make enough for six or seven more people.  Wow!  That was a lot of rum balls.

I'm in Christmas Panic mode and forgot to take photos.
Obligatory Christmas photo

Over the next couple of days, I'll be in the kitchen baking a thousand batches of cookies.  Okay, maybe not quite one thousand but enough so that it will feel like one thousand by the time I'm done.  Sorry. Don't mean for that to sound so whiny.  I enjoy doing it, I just don't enjoy anticipating doing it.  Once I'm elbow deep in dough, I'll be a happy little Christmas clam.

Or at least, I'll be a happy little Christmas clam as long as I don't look at my to-do list.  I have a count down to Christmas decoration thing on my desk and apparently, it had been a few days since I changed it.  I'll admit - I'm Horrible with a capital H about changing it each day.  Anyway, this morning, I thought I better make sure it was accurate....  and somehow, I went from having 13 days to prepare for Christmas to only 8 days.  Yikes. Eight days to Christmas!  Double Yikes!

I'm now officially in Christmas Panic mode.  I mean, like, Serious Christmas Panic mode.  This may be the last blog post until after Christmas. I hope not, because I'm so close to finishing my Strickplaner book cover and I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm dying to show it to you.  And that cowl that I frogged last week and restarted is almost done.  I'm super happy with it too and want to show it off.  But....

But Christmas Panic mode!  I think the blog probably needs to take a back seat to decorating the tree (it's been up and partially decorated for two weeks!) and shopping for the kids.  And Santa would probably appreciate it if we were all wearing clean underwear on Christmas morning.  And since I've been knitting book covers and cowls instead of doing the housework, the dust bunnies are starting to grow teeth.  And every surface in the kitchen has a fine layer of powdered sugar on it.  And I tried to wrap a gift the other day and discovered we have no ribbon.  No ribbon at all!  And the dog has developed a weird smell.  And the Christmas lights are only working on one side of our house. And....  So yeah, I think the blog is the least of my worries right now.  Probably no more blog posts before Christmas.

I hope your season of merriment is going a little smoother than mine.  Please use the button thingy below to share a link to what you're making.  It is, after all, Makers' Monday (even if all I'm making is a big, giant mess.)




9 comments:

  1. Priorities have a way of shaking out in the final days before Christmas! (Clean underwear is overrated. . . ) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I never thought I was a prude, but I'm not sure I can go commando on Christmas.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed. I hope things get better, so you can get into happy little Christmas clam mode soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie. I'll be alright. I just need to put down the needles, cut out the frivolous stuff and work the list.

      Delete
  3. Love this idea of online crafty party :) I hope you will survive all this pre-holiday frenzy and will spend Christmas with your dear ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All will end up well in my world. Apparently I just needed to whine about my to-do list for a while before I began checking off tasks. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sure many others are struggling with a long to-do list, too! You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to not bake cookies and to buy them at the local bakery. It has taken the edge off of my stress a tiny bit. Good luck with the baking frenzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most of us are in Christmas panic mode. I feel the strain for sure. Hope you get everything done you need to. Enjoy the festivities!

    ReplyDelete