Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ocean Stripes

I mentioned the other day that I was finally getting ready to bind off my Ocean Stripes shawl, but I never shared photos.

Garter stitch shawl knit with Knit Picks Palette yarn. http://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=738953&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Ocean Stripes

Even while I knit that last row, I still wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or list it for sale.  Once it was bound off though, it didn't take me long to make that decision.  I've been wrapped up in it practically 24/7 since.  I didn't even take the time to wash or block it before cuddling up in it.  Being all garter stitch, the shawl really doesn't need blocking but considering how long it took me to knit it and as a WIP, it was dragged/drug (neither sounds right) all over the house, it's been to multiple outdoor events, and it's even taken a few road trips... it could stand a good soak.

Oh well.  Spring is only a few months away.  It can wait.

It's going to have to wait because I'm never taking it off.  Not until the spring thaw at least.

The shawl was knit with fourteen different colors of Palette from Knit Picks.  If you're interested, I talked about how I knit it in this blog post.  I love knitting these simple, striped garter stitch shawls.  There's something so calming about row after row of garter stitch and the constant color changes keep it from ever being boring.  I also adore the way the various colors play with each other.

To see what others are creating, join me over at Frontier Dreams for today's #Craftingon link-up.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wrap! I can see why you don't want to take it off. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful! I would keep it for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely keep it! It looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is lovely, so luxurious! The colors are beautiful. I really like knitpicks yarn. I remember the first time I blocked something in garter stitch--it became enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stunning, simply stunning. I'd have it wrapped around me too!

    ReplyDelete