Saturday, December 23, 2017

Merry Christmas!

The cookies are baked, the tree is decorated, the gifts are wrapped  (mostly) and the Christmas panic is coming to an end.  There's still a bunch of last minute baking to be done and while I'm not going to say it's under control or that there won't be problems, I'm not stressing over it.  I'm not Overly stressed about it, I should say.

I will be casting on for a knitted, striped cowl on Christmas Eve. It will be the first project of Selfish Knitting Season.
#ChristmasEveCastOn

And even more exciting than not being overly stressed about the remainder of my Christmas to-do list is...   I've picked out my #ChristmasEveCastOn project.  And yes, that yarn pile does look familiar.  It's all the left overs from my Ocean Stripes shawl.  I'm going to use them in a cowl.  Just a simple, striped cowl.  Christmas Eve is pretty busy around here so I may need to cast on at 12:01 a.m. and knit for a few minutes before going to bed in order for it to count as a Christmas Eve cast on, but what ever.  It will get cast on  on Christmas Eve and it will be my first project of Selfish Knitting Season.

Since Christmas falls on a Monday.... For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, or maybe you're on your own this year with no where to go, or maybe you have places to go and things to do but you still want to promote your own blog and creativity...  I have a Makers' Monday post set up to post automatically and you can still participate next week.  I won't be around to promote it on social media, but it will be there if you'd like to link-up.

Meanwhile, I'm wishing everyone a safe, happy, healthy, Merry Christmas!








6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Jeannie!

    The colors for your new cowl are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the first shawl so I'm hoping this cowl will turn out well too.

      Delete
  2. I love that Ocean Stripes Shawl and was sorely tempted to make one for myself, but I couldn't justify buying more yarn!
    You actually sell stuff on Etsy! I am in awe of you. I have a store with my jewelry, but I have not made many sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Santa will bring you yarn! Or you could make a crazy, multicolored one out of all your scrap yarn. As for my Etsy shop, it's sort of been ignored this past year. :( I desperately need to give it some attention.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas. I love those colors, the cowl is going to be wonderful. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete