Saturday, November 11, 2017

Pecan Pie

I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie.
When Harry Met Sally

I'm showing my age here, but I can not say "pecan pie" without saying it When Harry Met Sally style.

Anyway....

Earlier this month I shared a list of our family's traditional Thanksgiving deserts and I promised to share the recipes.  Last Saturday I shared a link to my chocolate pie recipe.  Today, it's Pecan Pie's turn.


Traditional Thanksgiving recipes; recipe for pecan pie
pecan pie recipe

PECAN PIE

3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup corn syrup (light syrup works but dark is Much better)
1 cup sugar
2TBSP butter, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Meanwhile in a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients until well blended.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into the pie shell and bake in at 350 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment