Sunday, November 19, 2017

Little Hats, Big Hearts

First, I'd like to wish my daughter a very happy birthday.  I can not believe that my little, baby girl turned 21 today.  Twenty-one!  Where have the years gone?

Okay, gotta change the subject so I don't get all sentimental.

Little hats...

knitting small red hats for Little Hats, Big Hearts program; American Heart Association
little red hat (in bad lighting)

I finished the giant, orange blanket, got all the loose ends woven in, ran it through the washer and dryer (yay for acrylic yarn!) and now I'm busy knitting little hats.  Little, red hats for Little Hats, Big Hearts

In celebration of American Heart Month (February,) the American Heart Association collects hand knit (and crocheted) hats and delivers them to area hospitals to distribute to babies born in the month of February.  You can read more about it here.

If you're interested in joining in the fun, simply go to the Little Hats, Big Hearts website and type in your state.  The site will provide you with the name and address of your state's coordinator.  Simply knit little (preemie to newborn sized) red (they must be red) hats (plain hats, NO buttons or bows) in acrylic and/or cotton blends (no wool) and ship them off so that your state's coordinator receives them by the first week of January.  Besides doing a good deed, doing a good deed by knitting (even better!) and using up those little bits of stashed red acrylic yarn, the best part of the project is....  The coordinator deals with washing them.  All you have to do is knit little, red hats!

If by chance you'd like to knit for Little Hats, Big Hearts but your state doesn't participate, you are more than welcome to mail them to me and I'll turn yours in with mine.  Just get in touch and I'll give you my address.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link it is a wonderful cause to knit for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This will be my first time participating but I always love a reason to knit and this does sound like a worthy cause.

      Delete