Thursday, January 28, 2021

Three on Thursday

Welcome to today's brilliant Three on Thursday post about three random things going on in my life.

1.  I've been reading a lot of murder mystery/detective novels lately.  And oddly, more than one had bodies hidden and/or moved in oil drums.

2.  As I've mentioned before, we are the only house on our road.  We don't own all the property on the road, but we are the only people here.  We are also right on the edge of the swamp and with all the rain we've had this past year, the swamp has been more river than swamp.  The other day, I took a walk down our road for the first time in a long time and discovered someone had left six oil drums (actually five gallon buckets) on the side of the road.

In an effort to be environmentally conscious, (because what would happen if the water rose just a little more and those oil buckets turned over and dumped into the swamp??) I called the non-emergency number for the sheriff's office to report it.  And the deputy had the nerve to think I was insane for not opening the buckets to confirm it was oil because I was afraid they might contain body parts.  

Okay, actually, I just didn't want to get oil all over myself but I thought fear made a better story than vanity.  Apparently, I should have gone with vanity when talking to the sheriff's department.  I'm probably on some kind of watch list now.


3.  I can't decide what I want to knit next so I pulled out my old Rambling Rows afghan.  I'm currently on block 31 out of 55.  It's taken me almost a year to knit just slightly more than half a blanket.  Good grief!


7 comments:

  1. You're not alone -- I wouldn't have looked in those drums even if I hadn't read a lot of murder mysteries lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would not have looking inside - even if I hadn’t been reading mysteries with bodies in oil drums

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely would not have looked inside - there could have been SNAKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have opened the drums either. Yes, they could have just been oil (which is bad enough), but it also could have been something else. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, nope, nope. I agree with everyone here. I wouldn't have opened them either. If the sheriffs office thinks you should have, they're nuts themselves. It could have been ANYTHING! Ick! Reading those books definitely didn't help did it?
    Your blanket looks so squishy soft. Everyone needs a long-term project that is comfortable to just pick up and knit when you're in between other things.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took a walk today near a Park and Ride and The Mister wanted to follow a path into the woods but there was a man sitting in a car nearby and I was convinced he would follow us and kill us. Too many true crime podcasts for me. I see murderers everywhere now so I totally get your oil drum issue. I heard a true crime podcast not too long ago about someone finding a missing mother and her daughter in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, you are hilarious!!! But I would have probably thought the same thing!

    ReplyDelete