Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sunday Supper - Lentils and Carrot Soup

 


Okay, so I don't love the look of today's soup recipe but I love the idea of it.  Lentils and carrot soup from Taste of Home cooks in the slow cooker which means I don't have to stand in the kitchen keeping an eye on it and, it has only a few ingredients and those ingredients are healthy.  What's not to like about that?  

And, what it makes this soup even more special, at least for me, is that we have both lentils and herbs de Provence in the pantry and the family were just questioning why last week.  Both items are things I only use once or twice a year.  Or at least I have in the past.  But it's 2021 now.  This is the year we are actually going to make a few changes.  Changes for the better.  Changes like eating healthier.  And so, I give you lentils and carrot soup.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I think this sounds delicious! But I think I'm the only one in my family who will eat lentils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tempting, I think I will pop over for a cup and a chat over some knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the soup looks really pretty.

    Enjoy! I'll bet it tastes even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lentil soup. I never thought of using herbes de Provence in mine. I usually do an Italian version but that sounds really good. I also have a big jar of it in the cupboard that a friend sent me from France and a bag of carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's healthy and good for you, but lentils just don't sound good to me. My husband would love it though. Maybe I should make some for him and freeze it in small portions.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that sounds amazing to me. It looks like it could be in a book!! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete