Friday, January 22, 2021

So close

 I'm so close and yet, so far away from finishing the beaded shawl.


Wow, that's bad!  One of these days I'll remember to take the photo in the daylight rather than in the dark of night under the oddly yellow light in my room.  I also need to remember to check for stray hairs before snapping the picture.  Next time...

But what I wanted to say is, I'm on the final beaded row of this beaded shawl.  I'm soooo close to being finished and yet....  Every stitch across the bottom/widest part of the shawl is beaded.  It's going to take me a lifetime.  Good thing I'm starting Gilmore Girls Season 5. Rory's about to meet up with and start hanging out with Logan.  I'm so excited!

And yes, I am fully aware that I need to get a life.  

7 comments:

  1. I know I am in the minority but I am still on team Dean. I swayed a bit after A Year in the Life to team Jess because Dean is out of the picture with all those kids but I was never a Logan fan. Apples don't fall far from trees and I could see too much of his dad in him.....now who needs to get a life? Lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all can be forgiven. NONE of us have a life right now. Enjoy the show (and the knitting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched the Gilmore Girls so I have no idea what you are talking about, but that shawl will be gorgeous! Think of it as meditative knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Gilmore Girls is an excellent choice to keep you company while you bead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beading in knitting is a slow going progress but so worth it! Yay for being nearly done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Debbie, team Dean all of the way. See, none of us have a life right now. The beading will be lovely when finished. I've done a few beaded shawls so I commiserate with you on the drudgery of it when at the end.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never knit with beads, it all looks so complicated, beautiful but complicated. Good luck with your finish. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete