Tuesday, January 19, 2021

CREATE

Create is my 2021 word.  I don't have a burning desire to share that with you and I don't imagine I'll ever mention it again but everyone else has been talking about their 2021 word for the year and well, even though I have made lots of progress, my knitting still looks basically the same as it did last week so I thought I'd be a sheep and follow the herd instead of showing you a repeat photo.

photo courtesy of modernfarmer.com

So what will I create?

Well, there's the obvious - knitted stuff.  There are currently well over 1,000 patterns in my Ravelry queue, not to mention the numerous patterns in the 100's of pattern books I have.  You know that burning desire to knit 'all the things'?  Well, I intend to knock a few of them off the list this year.  

photo courtesy of ftd.com

Besides knitting, I have two more Christmas needlepoint pillow covers to do, a file cabinet drawer full of cross stitch patterns I'd like to stitch some day, a box full of 3-D felt Christmas ornaments I've had hanging around for a few years and I want to learn macramé.  For the past six months or so, I've had the urge to make macramé plant hangers.  

photo courtesy of coloringbookaddict.com

Oh, and zentangle.  I want to improve/do more zentangle.  It's something I enjoy and can actually sort of do.  It doesn't take actual drawing skill, which I do NOT have, but if you spend enough time on a piece, it can look fairly impressive.

But what about non artsy things?  What else do I want to create?

Well, I want to create a better me.  A healthier me.  A more energetic me.  A more educated me.  A more friendly and outgoing me, although with covid, I'm not sure how that's one's going to happen.  I want to create more friendships and stronger relationships with my family.  And more confidence in myself.  

I want to create a bigger balance in my bank account.  


photo courtesy of cleanpng.com

I want to create some camera skills.

I want to create an herb garden that can survive my pathetic gardening skills.  So, I guess I also want to create some gardening skills.

I want to create a happier home.  That one is going to be tough to do too because the current living situation is pretty tense and stress filled.  But my husband has finally hired a respite caregiver who will be coming by a few hours each week.  It's a start.

Basically, I just want to create a better, happier, more exciting life for myself.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like CREATE is the perfect word for you in so many ways. And macrame! Isn't it funny how things come back in fashion. Our son and DIL have some macrame plant holders in their sun room and it reminds me of my college years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following your journey with CREATE. I think it will be a really versatile word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating is such a good antidote for stress. Your plans sound wonderful and very achievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a busy year for you! That's a LOT to create but admirable goals none-the-less. I smiled at the macrame. I've been seeing a lot of it in magazines and catalogs. Isn't it fun how everything is new again?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wishes! and plans... and hopes for yourself.
    I love your ambition. A respite is so good for everyone!
    I love The Empress of Dirt blog. She gives gardeners great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your word and you can do it! I can't wait to see this word throughout your year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your Create focus! It can happen in the little things and build until it's an everything! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your plan comes true. Looks like you have a lot to keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete