Thursday, August 13, 2020

Three on Thursday - Quick and dirty

Today's Three on Thursday post is going to be quick and dirty.  It's almost midnight, it's storming, the power is blinking off and on and I just realized I forgot to write a post.  At this point, I'd just skip it except I skipped a post earlier this week.  On Tuesday, we had some medical drama (thankfully everyone is okay) and then Sarah surprised me with a new puzzle.  The puzzle had water and boats and a cabin and I just kinda lost my mind and sat down and worked the puzzle for almost six hours straight.  My excuse for almost forgetting this post was that I didn't realize it was Wednesday.  Time is slipping past me at a scary rate!

Anyway, three random photos...

What is that you ask.  Well, we've been looking for a fixer-upper house to buy and boy, have we seen some doozies!  This particular house looked fantastic on the outside but the inside was down right scary.  The living room had glitter on the ceiling.  It wasn't gold paint swirled on, it was actual glitter. Glitter glued to the ceiling.  Glitter glued to the weirdly textured ceiling in a four or five foot circle in the center of the room.  Why???

My Not a Reyna is off the needles.  It's obviously not blocked yet.  And it was so humid when I took that photo, the picture is blurry!  It doesn't look like a true Reyna but I think I counter-balanced my garter/mesh sequence screw-up and it looks just fine.  It will look Awesome once it's blocked!  I just drool over that yarn color.

Daddy was giving Hayden bunny ears.  I'm thinking Hayden may be double jointed.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


11 comments:

  1. Whoa....glitter? I house hunt from time to time and have seen some real doozies too. Makes this shack I'm living in at the moment seem almost normal.
    Baby Grand is so cute. Just look at that little headband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter is evil! I think I would have run out of that house screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geeze! Glitter?? On the ceiling?? Hayden is just so adorable and her Daddy is smitten with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the homeowner thought it was a lovely accent? Or maybe it was a craft mishap? LOL! Hayden is just adorable, bunny ears or not!! I am still trying to cast off the shawl I have had on the needles since April? Gah! I've been a bit busy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things you see when you're looking at houses . . . ;-)
    Your shawl is lovely. That color looks so cool and inviting! And what a sweet bunny-eared baby you've got there. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Now I am thinking about that old Lionel Ritchie song "Dancing on the Ceiling" only I'm substituting "Glitter" for "Dancing". :)

    And your little girl is adorable! No wonder you forget what day it is. I don't even have a baby in the house and I have to check to see what day it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet photo of Hayden and I think you're right. Double-jointed for sure! That color of your "Not a Reyna" is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing it in all of it's glory. And finally, glitter? Why would someone do that? We'll be looking for a house, condo, etc. before long and I almost dread it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glitter on the ceiling. Good grief. What a cute photo of Hayden and her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! That is glitter abuse to the next level. Your shawl is lovely as is your tiny person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my husband would love a fixer upper but I'm kind of like a move in ready type of house buyer. Luckily we are not looking for a new property! Love the bunny ear photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crazy about that glitter. Hayden is adorable. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete