Tuesday, August 18, 2020

On the Needles


Timeless Pullover knit with Aloft


Well, technically, it's off the needles at the moment.  I finally finished the body of my Timeless pullover.  Next up, the sleeves.

My apologies if that photo is blurry or there are tons of typos in this post.  I've had one of those nasty, nauseous, blurry vision headaches all day today and I can't see well enough to tell what that photo really looks like.

I can, however, see well enough to tell that I'm very pleased with the way the body fits.  It's slightly looser than it needs to be but I'd much rather it be too loose than too tight.  And I LOVE the neckline!  It's not all that exciting on the mannequin, but I really, really love the way it looks on me.

Speaking of being pleased with how it looks, I'm thinking of knitting another in some kind of summery type yarn and not adding the long sleeves.  I would probably knit a row or four more on the sleeves but that's it.  It looks really cute without sleeves.  The only glitch with that idea is that the gauge is 5 stitches to the inch, which is generally worsted weight yarn which may be way too hot in the summer. I'll have to see what kinds of yarns are out there.  I don't generally knit summer sweaters, or with cotton so I really don't know.


15 comments:

  1. Love this!! The yarn, the color, everything. Congratulations! Will the sleeves be long? Or three-quarter? This is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As long as the yarn holds out, the sleeves will be long.

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's lovely! I love the color and the floaty-ness of it. Have you thought about a linen or linen blend yarn for a summer version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about linen. I'm also hoping the yarn shops will be havkng sales soon on their summer yarns.

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely and soft. I agree, it's cute with short sleeves too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is gorgeous. The color and pattern are so sweet and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with it.its so light weight, yet warm

      Delete
  5. I am sorry to hear of your headache. I just went through a week of them. I'd get one and then another. The sweater is absolutely fabulous. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful. I love cotton but bamboo is a great summer yarn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater turned out so beautiful. I love the yarn and the color and the pattern too. It's always nice when everything comes togther into such a pretty project.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fabulous, such a gorgeous colour and I think it would work well as a summer top without sleeves, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice when a lovely project fits -- AND you like the neckline! (Bonus!) And bonus points for you for blogging through a bad headache. :-)

    ReplyDelete