Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Supper - Chilled Cucumber Soup

Remember when I went to visit my cousins at the river last month?  They served The best cucumber soup.  I was a little nervous about trying it because the only other time I'd ever had cucumber soup before was disastrous.  I was in a fancy social setting and I thought I might literally gag trying to swallow it. It was some nasty, nasty stuff.  But my cousin's was delicious.  I even had second helpings!

Despite cold soups not being a family favorite and this recipe from simplyrecipes.com doesn't look exactly like my cousin's, I'm going to try it.  It sounds simple enough to make so it won't take a lot of effort. 

Want to take bets on which family member makes the most fuss about it?

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


5 comments:

  1. It sounds good on a day like today when it's supposed to be 103F. Let us know if it's good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let us know how it goes. It looks like it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried cucumber soup. I hope the recipe works out and that the family enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cold soups! That looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete