Friday, July 31, 2020

What??

I got nothing to talk about knitting wise.

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=1584216&u=1446317&m=59159&urllink=&afftrack=
Timeless Pullover knit with Aloft from Knit Picks

I'm still working on the Timeless Pullover knit with two stands of mohair held together.  I think ten years from know I will still be knitting the body of this thing.  I don't understand.  The yoke knit up so fast and the fabric grew in length quickly.  I expected that the body would fly off the needles once I'd removed the sleeve stitches.  But that's not the case.  Not the case at all.  I knit and I knit and I knit and I knit some more.... and I swear, I think the fabric is getting shorter rather than longer.  Maybe it's the fact that I'm knitting mohair in 89% humid, 100+ degree weather.  

What is wrong with me??

I'll tell you what's not wrong with me - my vitamin B12, D and cholesterol.  Well, okay, my cholesterol is still terrible but it's no where near as terrible as it was eight weeks ago.  

What's still not okay is my A1C, or blood sugar.  It didn't budge.  And I do not understand that at all.  Not at all!  I haven't even been worrying about my cholesterol.  I've been focusing on my blood sugar and eating healthier, lower sugar/carb foods.  I haven't had a potato in two months and I've only had rice once or twice.  I've learned to almost enjoy wheat bread.  I've even cut out dessert.  But that ^^$%#% blood sugar has not reacted one single bit.  It's still sitting there at the exact same number it was eight weeks ago.  And eight weeks ago, I'd had breakfast and was chewing sugary gum when they drew my blood.  This time around, I'd been fasting for 14 hours.  Argh!

It's okay though.  They've now doubled my medication.  By the time I take all those pills, I won't have room for any food in my tummy.

Oh, and you know what else?  Okay, this is getting kind of personal but...  I haven't shaved my legs in six plus months.  And a few months ago it dawned on me that if I didn't need to shave my legs anymore, maybe I didn't need to shave my armpits either.  So I stopped that too.  But suddenly, my legs are looking ape-like.  Like, over night, I grew an inch of leg hair.  I don't even own a razor anymore.  Good Lord!  Apparently, now that my vitamin B levels are back up where they are supposed to be, I'm not only growing fingernails (Yay!!) but also leg hair. Argh!

Health rant over.  Back to knitting...

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Knitting!


8 comments:

  1. I haven't shaved a thing this summer either. It's my hairy toes that make me cringe the most but since I'm not going out why bother. I didn't even paint my toenails this year.
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. My two sisters also fight the A1C battle they inherited from my dad on a regular basis. They also both inherited my mother's thyroid issues. Somehow I've escaped both for some weird reason. I'm betting there is something even worse lurking out there for me. The family tree is full of terrible things. Sigh...
    I love your blue cloud. It make take forever but I love seeing it. It's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, it's so annoying when you make all sorts of diet changes and nothing happens. I had that with my cholesterol -- I cut out all meat for a while, but it didn't do anything. Then someone told me that they don't think diet really does much. Anyway, I hope the new medication helps things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that your diet changes didn't change the blood results, it's frustrating I'm sure. I hope the new medicine adjustment does the trick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pesky A1C - I hate it!! Remember that stress can play a role in that as well.

    I do love your mohair sweater - the color is so fabulous, the yarn is so soft looking. You will love it come Fall/Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry that your diet changes didn't change your A1C. That's so frustrating when you're doing everything right.
    But...you made me laugh out loud at your last paragraph. I nominate you for the new Erma Bombeck award. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay --- diabetic info from someone who has been insulin dependent for a long, long time.

    8 weeks can sometimes be too soon to see a significant drop in you hbA1c. Three months (12 weeks) is a better indicator. Of course, I don't know where you started and what you have now.

    Wheat bread .........some are good. Some are higher in carbs than white bread. It seems they add a lot more sugar to some wheat breads. Plan accordingly. I learned this from SaladWorks. The white roll is a better choice.

    Good luck --------I've been there, done that and had the frustrations. Wishing you all the luck in the world.

    The biggest thing to take note of is that different foods affect different people, well, differently. Some notable high glycemic foods are fine with me. Others that are supposed to be "good for you", boost my blood sugar through the roof.

    If you ever need someone to vent to --- I'm here. It is a long learning curve with diabetes. Throw in some thyroid issues and it seems unsurmountable at times. Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE;ve all been there Jeannie!! I honestly think my underarm hair quit growing with my thyroid sluggish metabolism. My nails won't grow. Here's to some levothyroxine. Im so sorry about your sugar levels. IT is tough to make our bodies change. You hang in there and get yourself some yarn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry your blood sugar levels are not wanting to budge, keep at it though. Eat healthy and stick with the program. You made me laugh with the hairy leg story.

    ReplyDelete