Tuesday, July 28, 2020

TNT

Look at me - two Tiny Needle Tuesday's in a row!


I finished the beach chair cross stitch, although I've been informed it's not a beach chair.  It's an Adirondack chair.  Perhaps it is, formally, but when you paint them fun colors and put them on the screened porch or dock, they become beach chairs.


My question for you is, is that frame too big?  I think it might be, which is a shame because I planned to cross stitch three chairs in various colors and I just happen to have three of those frames.  Sadly, I think a smaller hoop would look better.  What do you think?

Can I even call an embroidery hoop a frame?

For posterity and in case I ever want to recreate this chair, I used three strands of DMC floss #3843 and #3846 on 14-count fabric.

On a totally different and fun note, I typed this last night.  And there's a ^%^$^%#$%#^ tree frog somewhere in my room croaking his fool head off!  

How do these things always happen to me?


Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends on social media. Until next time, Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. I love your beach chair - so cute! What other colors do you plan on using? I do think a slightly smaller hoop would work better and yes! A hoop is definitely a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! If you ask me, an Adirondack chair on the beach is ... a beach chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's a lot of stitching for one week! I used to always use hoops for frames when I made my kid's birth records. With the Grands I've paid $$$ to have them professionally framed. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use what you have it's fine! Anything on a beach is a beach chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think the hoop is too big, especially if you paint them the colors on the chairs. Like on this chair...a red hoop. Mix and match if you will!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great and it's a beachy adirondack chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks good in that hoop. Simple, clean lines . . . just like the BEACH chair. LOL

    I think the next smaller hoop would be too small.

    ReplyDelete