Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Not Reyna


Garter and mesh striped triangular shawl knit with fingering weight yarn from Organized Chaos Yarns
Not Reyna

Well, I'm going to have to rename this shawl Not Reyna.  I got a little carried away with the previous lace/mesh section and continued to knit mesh instead of switching back to garter.  Rather than pull it out, I'm claiming artistic license and making my own garter/lace mesh stripe pattern.

Besides the fact that I think you are looking at the back side of the shawl in that photo, I wish the yarn's true color showed up better.  It is The prettiest greeny-blue I have ever seen in real life but no matter how much editing I do to the photo, I can't seem to get the color right.  And of course, it's way too dark to retake the photo now.

I feel like I haven't spent any time knitting recently but Not Reyna is a tad bit past half way complete and my Timeless sweater is coming along too.  

I'm pretty excited about Timeless.  I'm past the second pearl row and knitting with (1) mohair in Virginia in July and (2) two strands of mohair held together is much easier than I expected.  And yes, I did mean "pearl" not "purl."  The sweater has bands around the  yoke that are supposed to represent strands of pearls.  You know, it's a timeless, classic sweater and if you're wearing a timeless, classic sweater, you must also wear your pearls.  Or is that just a southern girl thing?

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your modified Reyna. I think the color looks lovely, even if it's not quite true to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was just going to say it's such a pretty colour. I look forward to seeing it in its true light then now, I bet it's gorgeous. Thank you so much for all the kind comments you have left on recent posts, it's really helped me at this sad time to know that I've been kept in so many people's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's gorgeous and that's the beauty of knitting it yourself. You can do anything you want with the pattern. :-)
    BLessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reyna/Not Reyna looks great! I can't wait to see Timeless - you know I love that mohair you are using. A gorgeous color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are knitters .....we can do what we want! It looks lovely with extra lacy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is perfect, don't change a thing. It might be better with your well planned lace expansion. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe you are knitting in a "design" feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful knitting and I'm with you on artistic license, why not??

    ReplyDelete