Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Supper - Winter Lentil Soup

Welcome to March!  My mind says it's spring but it sure still feels like winter.  There's nothing better on a cold winter day than a nice warm bowl of soup so...  

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is winter lentil soup from realsimple.com.  Sadly there's no photo, but it's vegetarian, only takes 20 minutes of hands-on prep time and sounds delicious.  I think.  I hope.  I've never had leeks before so I really don't know.  My understanding is that they are sort of oniony and I like onion flavored things so...

Anyway, we're trying it.  Want to try it with me?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Sadly, no one else in my family would eat it, grr. Leeks are good -- like a mild onion. You just have to wash them out really well because I think they grow in sandy soil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be March but it is COLD. I made soup yesterday. I made matzo ball soup but I was eyeing that bag of lentils I have on the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect for a chilly day.

    If you like onions, I'm pretty sure you'll like leeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a gorgeous day today, blue skies and only in the 40's but I'll take it. I'm ready for steaks on the grill!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pass, not a lentil or leek fan. Tonight was grilled Flank Steak for tacos with Sriracha Sauce slaw. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet it was delicious! I love lentils, leeks, kale, sweet potatoes - all the stuff in that soup. We just finished up lentil soup I had in the freezer. Next time I'll add leeks - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete