Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A sleeve and a baby

My Wave sweater has an arm.

I have a sleeve.

Hayden Kristina, two days old

And a granddaughter.  Meet Hayden Kristina.  She is perfect!


She has my hair and sadly, my giant feet.  She also has the Owen nose but thankfully, not the Owen ears.  She has tiny, little delicate, adorable ears.


Mom and Dad seem pretty pleased with her.  Hayden is "chill" and they think they'll keep her.  As long as she can keep a hand up to her face, she doesn't fuss at all.


Even Aunt Sarah is taken with her.  And of course, I'm over the moon with her.  

Her birth about killed me though.  The hospital was on lock-down due to the corona virus and we weren't allowed to visit.  We had to wait until she got home before we could meet her in person.  Y'all can imagine how well that went over with me.

To deal with the stress/excitement of waiting for her birth and trip home, I knit and read.  Over the last sixteen days, I've knit the body, a rather large body I might add, and one sleeve on my Wave sweater plus started and finished five books on my Kindle.  I've been a bit obsessed.

If you're in need of something to keep your mind off the fact that the grocery stores have nothing but empty shelves and the news media is acting like we will all die an immediate death if we take a single step outside our doors, I found these books to be hard to put down.

Jane Doe:  A Novel by Victoria Helen Stone
Her Last Word by Mary Burton
The Last Sister by Kendra Elliot
When She Returned by Lucinda Berry
The Stillwater Girls by Minka Kent

A couple of them had unbelievable and/or rushed endings but they were all free on the Kindle and they definitely held my attention.

Well, I'm off to scroll through photos of Hayden.  I wish you all full pantries and plenty of toilet paper.  Stay healthy folks.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!! I can't even imagine how hard that was on you to have to stay home and wait. She's adorable. I love my grandsons but what I wouldn't give to have someone to knit little pink things for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely little baby Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a sweetie! Congratulations! They will have an exciting story to tell her about the crazy times around her birth. Glad they are all healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. She is a BEAUTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, she's beautiful!!! congratulations to EVERYONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Grandma! She is a beautiful little girl. As a Grandma myself, I can only imagine how you felt at not being able to visit. Lots of snuggles now though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. What a beautiful little girl. I am glad she has safely arrived. Knit on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful. If you need some pink soft cotton dk let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations all around! She is such a lovely baby -- with a beautiful name. Enjoy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! She is adorable!! So, who does she look like? Mom or Dad? I love to play that game. 1 daughter is so my family, the other is a changling, she looks like both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the world sweet Hayden! Bless her and I hope now that they are home and you can focus on sweet baby smells and lots of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh A grand baby!!!!!! Im sorry you had to wait to meet her!! WOW. She's beautiful. Glad all are healthy and HOME!! I have been thinking a lot about pregnant women and their husbands and worries that they are due now during this yuck TIME

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is beautiful and I love her name. You must have been going crazy!! Thank goodness you can hold her now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many congratulations to you all, such a beautiful baby girl. That must have been so hard having to wait for her to come home before you got those baby cuddles. Thanks for the book recommendations. I've been reading books by Dani Atkins just lately, I'm really enjoying this author.

    ReplyDelete