Friday, March 27, 2020

Petals

Lots of petals in my life at the moment.


The redbud tree outside our backdoor is in full bloom and gorgeous, despite the gray skies.

Garter scarf or shawl knit with Stroll Tweed https://shrsl.com/26owv

And my Petal Hitchhiker is coming along.  At the time that photo was taken, I had 21 teeth knit and now there are 24 complete.  

In addition to knitting the Hitchhiker, I've been working on my sweater from Hell Weekender.  Remember that project?  I wish I could forget it!  How is it possible to so horribly mess up such an easy design?  

Remember that when I finished the waist ribbing, I'd forgotten to change to the larger needles and I didn't discover it until I'd knit 12+ inches, in the round?  And  how I decided to leave it because the sweater was already designed to have ten inches of positive ease?  Did I mention that when I split the sweater fronts and backs for the arm holes that I started using the larger needles?  Or at least I was  using the larger needles in that project bag.  I completely finished the front on the wrong (correct??) needle and started on the back.... 

And about 20 seconds ago, as I was typing this, I thought, "Let's link to an old post about my Weekender so the readers will know what I'm talking about," and low and behold....  There was my post about knitting the body with the smaller needle.  Crud.  And then I went and noticed that my gauge notes say I'm using two completely different sizes from what was actually in the project bag.  What the heck?  

Good grief!  At this point, I'm just going to finish the back, bind it off, sew the front and back together and see what it looks like.  From there, it will either get trashed out of frustration, frogged or the sleeves will be knit and I'll have a sweater.  Stay tuned for the exciting outcome.

12 comments:

  1. Love that pink color, both on the tree and on the shawl.
    Wishing you luck with the Weekender. Hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nearly done with my hitchhiker at 45 teeth (and ending). Today will be the day. How lucky to have a great view!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to think straight these days! Good luck with your Weekender. And your hitchhiker is just lovely. What a perfect project for these scrambled days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! Good luck with that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geeze! Good luck with the Weekender! Love your pink Hitchhiker. Gorgeous. Our red bud is budded, but not yet blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yarn for your Hitchhiker. Should I admit I laughed out loud at your recounting of the sweater oddessy? We've all been there at least one time. If we're honest, it's probably a lot more than once. Good luck and I'll be waiting to hear the outcome.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hitchhiker color. Good luck with the sweater

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have trouble remembering to change my needle size even when I'm not having trouble concentrating, so don't be too hard on yourself. If it's bad, it can always be ripped and redone. In the meantime, your Hitchhiker is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I FEEL YOUR pain ... I try to be good about making notes for myself but a little voice says "nah, you'll remember" ... and that little voice hasn't been right ONCE! on an encouraging note, a friend just finished Weekender and she loves it ... like enough to be considering making it again - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess your dilemma is why people write notes about their knitting as they do it. Do I? Hah, I'll remember...what were we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch ouch ouch. Im so sorry. Some knits just won't cooperate for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, that yarn is gorgeous!! Hope your sweater issues aren't as bad as feared. Any baby news? Growing like a weed, walking yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete