Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday Supper - Split Pea Hummus

We, okay, I have been thinking about going vegetarian again.  It's been a long time since I last tried eating that way. I felt a lot better when I cut meat out of my diet but I was constantly hungry and I gained weight because I ate nothing but crackers and mac and cheese.  But I like a lot more vegetables now.  I have my daughter's support but not the husbands.  We'll see who ends up being boss in the kitchen.

Meanwhile, today's Sunday Supper recipe is for split pea hummus.  The website (myrecipes.com) won't share their photo so you'll have to follow the link to see what it looks like.  Basically, it just looks like green hummus.   I understand how a website might not want to share their photos but I don't think I've ever run into one that won't even allow you to Pin it.  Weird.  I wouldn't have even bothered mentioning this one except, it sounds super easy and tasty.  We'll see...

9 comments:

  1. My vegan son stocked up for the quarantine by filling his freezer with homemade falafal and hummus and sent me a photo. I've never had either and now it's all I can think about and of course I can't get out to the store to get the stuff to make any. The Mister and I spend our dinner times talking about what we are going to eat when we get out of this mess. We are used to shopping everyday for food for dinner since we retired. It was the high point of his day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you felt better try again. You got this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had it. It tastes like hummus . . . . . only ummmmmmmmmmm, greener.

    I totally get blogs/websites that don't want their stuffed pin. Other people tend to claim them as their own. I've had it happen on Ravelry and that's why I don't offer my patterns there anymore. What is already there is all they are going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried the entire vegan/plant-based lifestyle last summer and we both loved it. My husband would eat absolutely anything I give him and he loves veggies. But...I can't eat that many veggies and fiber since my gall bladder came out. So disappointing. I had to really moderate what I was eating and yes, went back to some meat and cheese but not a lot.
    It would be difficult if not impossible right now anyway with grocery trips few and far between. I hope you can do it if you want to.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not entirely vegetarian, but I have reduced my consumption of meat quite a bit in the last couple of years. It's been harder since we've been stuck at home, though. I think it helps to focus more on veggies and legumes and less on carbs (because I know if I don't think about it, I'll eat nothing but carbs, too). The hummus sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE eat a lot of plant based foods, but we are not vegan or vegetarian. I love it all - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vegetables so I'd be okay going vegetarian in that sense, but I know I'd miss meat too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, hard pass! I like a lot more veggies now, but peas has never been something I willingly eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm... I love hummus, so will defenitely have to try this one at some point. I eat mostly plantbased, never ever meat or fish, but I'm not so hungry, really. I think the trick is to not júst eat veggies, but with each meal also add protein (that gives a longer lasting feeling of satisfaction ). So beans, chickpeas, lentils, nuts.. I hope you can manage to eat well anyway, with the difficulty in grocerie shopping these days...

    ReplyDelete