Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Oh Dear!

First, and most importantly, we still do not have a baby.  At least as of about 10 p.m. last night we don't.  It's a full moon so maybe something changed after I typed this but Baby is being stubborn and I kinda doubt it.

While I wait, most impatiently, I've been knitting.

Easy Ragland knit with Cascade 220 Waves worsted wool.  Knit in the round, top down.
Waves Sweater

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and I sat outside in shorts and knit.  It was wonderful!  I just hope I didn't scare anyone with my lily white legs.

The sweater is coming along.  I haven't measured or even paid that much attention, but I think I'm probably five or six inches past the arm hole.   I'm still over the moon happy with the yarn.  The colors just fade into each other and every row makes me smile.

But for the 'oh dear' part of this post....

https://shrsl.com/25rpi
Static

I'm determined to knit that sweater before I start anything else.  Well, anything except may something small for the baby.  I'm thinking she needs socks.  But besides baby socks, I want to focus on that sweater.  And then..... Look what showed up in my mailbox.  

Meet Static, a self patterning sock yarn from Knit Picks.  The yarn comes in brights and neutral colorways, is a limited edition thing And it's currently on sale.  I don't even remember ordering this skein of Peppercorn, but I'm going to have to order more.  I can't wait to see how this knits up.

Fingering weight sock yarn https://shrsl.com/25rq0
Stroll Tweed Tonal Special Reserve

This one, I do remember ordering.  Stroll Tweed Tonal Special Reserve, also from Knit Picks.  They've added tweed to hand painted tonal yarns and it's perfection.  Absolute perfection! This one is also on sale. And, I think I also need more of this yarn.  I believe Baby needs a sweater knit with Petal.

Oh Dear!  With these two gorgeous skeins staring me in the face, how on earth am I supposed to focus on my Waves sweater?

And since I seem to be pushing Knit Picks today....  

Did you know Knit Picks is affiliated with WeCrochet Magazine?  For those of you who crochet, or are interested in learning to crochet, they currently have two fantastic deals on kits right now.  Here are links if you'd like to check them out.  I don't crochet but the prices on these kits make me want to.

$15 Yay Crochet Kit ($39 value)
$25 Yay Crochet Kit ($100 value)

9 comments:

  1. I just saw an ad for that new Knit Picks yarn. I will have to go investigate. Fingers crossed for babies safe landing. It can't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that baby comes soon! Your sweater is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh, that Static is really pretty! ... a skein of the stroll tweed showed up at my door, too - in the petal colorway and most definitely, it needs to be a baby girl knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay the course and don't be distracted by those pretty new yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STOP!!! LOL I've been avoiding KnitPicks - I really, really like their yarns, but I have more than I can use and am going to a yarn festival in a few weeks. But that Peppercorn.....and Stroll that has Tweed in it???? I may be suckered in quickly.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOP!!! LOL I've been successfully avoiding KnitPicks. I have more yarn than I can use in a reasonable amount of time AND I'm going to a yarn festival in 3 weeks. But...that Peppercorn!! and Stroll Tweed??? I need help.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shorts! I can't even imagine, it's 99F here right now. Those are beautiful yarns and I love Knit Picks. Crochet is my first love. My Grandma taught me to crochet when I was seven and I've never looked back. I've only been knitting about 20 years now and I love it too. I go back and forth between them.
    That granddaughter is being stubborn isn't she? Patience is SO hard when waiting for a new baby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That peppercorn color is beautiful.

    Hope Miss Baby shows herself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That peppercorn color is beautiful.

    Hope Miss Baby shows herself soon.

    ReplyDelete