Thursday, January 16, 2020

Three on Thursday - Bangs

I cut my bangs the other day.  I took my mother-in-law to get her hair done and asked the hairdresser how much she'd charge me to cut my bangs.  I'd been thinking about it for a while.  I wanted the hair gone but the thought of growing out bangs again....  

1965 (I'm the one on the right. *)

Next thing I know, I'm in the chair and the hairdresser is tossing a 14 inch ponytail that had been my bangs into the trash.

September, 1980

Considering my bangs have only improved over the years, they will be freaking awesome as soon as I adjust to them.

1993

At the moment, they are touching me and startling me every time I catch my reflection in the mirror.

January 14, 2020

My dear sweet husband says I look like I'm getting ready to go to a Wham concert with Molly Ringwald. 

Join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.

*For those of you who've heard the story, I'm holding Pretty Dirty Baby in that photo.



9 comments:

  1. Don't listen to your husband -- you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'em! I grew mine out years ago and I've never regretted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! (Love your hand over the doll's whole face in the first picture - lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bangs.....wow. That was brave but they look great! My parted down the middle hippie do is looking a bit harsh at my age. I've been thinking of something new but I have to confess I am a big chicken when it comes to my hair. On most days I just pretend it's not there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I have a love/hate relationship with mine as I have a "cow lick" just off to the center of mine. I do prefer them shorter rather than grown out though so have learned to live with them. I cute my waist length hair to a boy cut over my ears about 18 months ago and haven't regretted it one bit. So much easier and faster.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun change. And without planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome post--and you have--and it seems have always had--fantastic bangs! I, on the other hand, have a cowlick. It just doesn't work.
    Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great, you just have to get used to it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete