Friday, January 10, 2020

Almost

Are you sick of hearing about my Reyna shawl?  You must be.  Even my  phone has learned to spell it and every time I start to text a word starting with an "R" it auto-fills Reyna.

Hand knit shawl knit with fingering weight superwash wool from Urban Girl Yarns

Thankfully, I've almost finished her.  I hesitate to say it because by doing so pretty much guarantees I'll spill bleach on her or accidentally chop off an appendage and bleed all over her but... I should easily meet my goal of finishing Reyna by bedtime Sunday.

Once Reyna is complete, assuming I finish her on Sunday,  I'll have five days to knit the big, secret, baby gift thing.  Even if some knitting miracle happened (which it won't) and I finished Reyna tonight, I'd only have seven days.  Normally it takes me three weeks of severely focused knitting to make a 'big, secret, baby gift thing.'  Yikes!  I'm in trouble.

10 comments:

  1. MAybe you should consider making a little, secret, baby gift thing instead of a big one?
    I do love that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sick of hearing about or seeing your Reyna -- it's beautiful!

    I agree with Maggie. That's not a lot of time to knit that big a project. Could you make a smaller thing for now and deliver the big thing later?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hooo.....there is no such thing as too much for a pretty thing like that. I can't wait to see it blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is gorgeous! And, like others, I say go with a little baby thing and save the biggie baby thing for later. Win-Win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and I am not sick of hearing about it :) Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you're alone in getting obsessed with the Reyna Shawl, I've heard similar things from all those who have knitted this pattern. Good luck with the secret baby project, I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing it all spread out while it's blocking. Gorgeous colors. Baby things are fun, but maybe something small to ease the stress? Knitting isn't supposed to be stressful. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listen up lady! You do not HAVE to have the baby knit done in time for the shower. The baby won't know! You DO have to keep your sanity, it's more important then the date you finish a baby item. Got it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a bright cheerful shawl for January - and no I am not sick of reading about it. Knitting is a process and we should enjoy it. I rather like knitting because it slows me down and it is mostly predictable - over and over. I understand that jinx thing too. About the time I create a project page, I decide to frog a project. Take it easy with the baby knit. Don't hurt your hands or arms or shoulders knitting to a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete