Friday, January 17, 2020

On and Off the Needles

Lot's of progress has been made this week.

The Urban Girl Reyna has not only been finished, 

Free pattern, Reyna shawl knit with Urban Girl Yarns fingering weight
Blocking Reyna

but also blocked!

Reyna, knit with Urban Girl Yarns

The mint green Small Baby Thing has been finished, but not yet blocked.  I'm super excited with the way it turned out and I can't wait to share details and show you a full view photo.  Next week....

The Big Baby Thing is still no where close to being finished but progress has been made.  I'm estimating that I'm 45% done.  Only 55% more to go.  Obviously there's no way I'll get it finished by tomorrow but I'm not stressing over it.  Actually, I'm feeling better about it. Knowing that it's physically impossible meet my self-imposed deadline means I no longer have to try.  I'm feeling much more relaxed and happy about knitting it.  

At this new happy, relaxed rate, maybe I can finish it by tomorrow.  And maybe I'll spend the next week in the hospital because my hands fell off.  Yikes!  Guess I better take occasional breaks.  I'll need my hands to hold the grand baby!

Okay, question for all you language experts out there.  Why is it "grand baby" with a space, but it's "grandmother" and "grandfather"?  Or at least that's what my spell-check is telling me.  Why???

10 comments:

  1. Your finished Reyna is stunning! Glad you're feeling better (and more realistic) about the baby project.

    I don't think "grandbaby" has made it into the dictionary yet, but grandchild certainly has and is one word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy nd Relaxed is the way to be! Love your Reyna - it is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished small baby thing...and later the big baby thing. Enjoy the weekend. I think we will have snow tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl is beautiful!
    And I'm glad the baby projects are bringing you joy again.
    I think your spell checker is off. I did a quick search and Merriam Webster says it's grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reyna is beautiful and I hope you enjoy the rest of the knitting for the grandbaby - however you spell it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reyna is gorgeous!
    It's funny you mention the grand baby issue. I call mine the Grands because everything else I try to call them is wrong according to the big spell checker in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! That is a beautiful shawl, I love the colors and it would go with so many outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Reyna is absolutely stunning. I'm glad you are happier about your baby project. I had never thought about the spelling thing. I guess I do write grand baby when talking about mine. Now I'm going to wonder everytime I write it! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LET ME ASK ZACH. HE'S A LINGUIST OF SORTS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for finishes, beautiful! And yay for giving yourself a pass on not a finish! The blanket will get done, the baby won't know either way, your hands will still be at the end of your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete