Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Lucky Girl

I am such a lucky girl! 

First, my awesome boss gave me two days off so that I can attend the Montpelier fiber festival this coming weekend.  Will I see you there?

Second, Martha, a friend from my Wednesday night knitting group, is a yarn dyer.  She's been dying yarn for a while now and not long ago started her own business selling her hand dyed yarns.  But what does that have to do with me being lucky you ask?

superwash fingering weight yarn found at KnittersKnacks https://www.facebook.com/KnittersKnacks/shop/
Dying for Art Sunset sock yarn

I'm lucky because Martha gifted me a skein of her superwash sock yarn.  The colorway is Sunset and it's much prettier in real life than it is in the photo.  Currently, the state fair is in town which means it's raining.  And when it rains, my house is dark and dreary and taking a decent photo is out of the question.  Also, my camera hates reds and absolutely refuses to accurately portray anything red, pink or orange.  And today, for some reason, gray. 

Dying for Art sock  yarn found at KnittersKnacks https://www.facebook.com/KnittersKnacks/shop/
The Ocean's Daughter and Sunset 

In the photos, the yarn appears to be pink, blue and yellow.  In reality, it's pink, orange, yellow and a darkish gray.  I plan to knit The Ocean's Daughter, a Kat Riddell design.  I'd prefer to knit a baby sweater with it, but Grand-baby To Be wasn't cooperating at the last check up so we still don't have an answer to the boy/girl question.  But it's okay.  There is plenty of yarn in the stash pile and one day in the not too distant future, the question will be answered.  Meanwhile, I'll be content to knit The Ocean's Daughter... just as soon as I finish test knitting the cowl.

But enough about what I'm doing.  What you should be doing is checking out Martha's yarns.  Her shop is on Facebook and can be found at KnittersKnacks and if you're on Instagram, she's luvsteddybears.  Go check her yarns out, she's got some beautiful colorways.

16 comments:

  1. That is such beautiful yarn! The colors remind me of a spectaculair sunset. You are a lucky girl indeed.
    p.s. congrats on the grand-baby to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The yarn is so bright and cheerful and I am SO excited about the grand-baby.

      Delete
  2. In spite of your camera's lack of cooperation, I'm betting that the bright colors are very cheering on a gloomy day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My camera does the same thing with reds and pinks. It's so frustrating. I bet it is spectacular in person because it looks pretty good in the photo. I wish I was coming to the fest on Saturday. I've got festival fever now but I suppose for the sake of my wallet I should just calm down and enjoy the spoils of my last adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't seem like there were as many vendors there this year, although the vendors who were there were good ones... and I still went way over budget on the yarn shopping. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! That yarn looks JUST like a beautiful sunset! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so this is payback for my turning you into a Forbidden Fiber Fan? Thanks, thanks a lot! No I mean it, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yep! Payback is hell. I have literally had dreams about the Forbidden yarns.

      Delete
  6. You are lucky and you deserve it!! Lovely skein!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fortunate to have such a talented friend. Happy Knitting with that happy colored yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful yarn, it will make a fabulous shawl. Enjoy the fiber festival.

    ReplyDelete