Friday, October 4, 2019

On the Needles

Yes, the baby blanket is still on the needles.  

Easy garter stitch baby blanket. Sock yarn from Knit Picks https://www.knitpicks.com/
baby blanket knit with Knit Picks Sock Labs Stroll

But I have finally added the second color.  The blanket is not going to be anywhere near as large as I'd hoped it would be, or as I feel it should be based on knitting time, but it will be okay.  Rather than a crib blanket, it will be more receiving blanket sized. 

I'm telling myself it's okay if the blanket is small.  It will be fine for covering a newborn and as baby grows, perhaps this one can become the Linus type 'blankie' that they hold and snuggle with rather than the one that keeps them warm.

And look how the blanket matches my project bag.  Have you noticed everything in my life seems to be that aqua color?   Sitting here at my desk, without even turning my head, I can see so much aqua!  There's my knitting, my project bag, my yarn bowl, my project chart keeper thing, an ashtray that I keep paper clips in, a bottle make that two bottles of nail polish, my yarn scale, my calendar cover,  some file folders, Post-It-Notes, a book I'm reading and believe it or not, duct tape.  Yes, I even have aqua colored duct tape!  Good grief!  I'd have said it was green, but do you think aqua might be my favorite color?

Oh, and if you're local and will be at the Montpelier Fiber Festival tomorrow, look for me.  I'll be there - shopping, not selling.  So if some crazed woman shoves you out of the way, my apologies, but you were standing between me and the yarn.

12 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for all the aqua -- it's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqua colored post-it notes? Duct tape? I need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From all the babies I've knit blankets for I've learned that small is best for tucking into car seats and strollers. Big ones are heavy and fall out. I made my first grandson a big one but I noticed on our trip to Disneyworld with second grandson that a small blanket that DIL had bought worked out much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know because this one really is pretty small. It's only about 28 inches wide, although it is garter - it might block out much bigger.

      Delete
  4. I bet the blanket recipient will love that blanket. Sometimes it is nice for little ones to have a blanket to carry around that doesn't drag on the floor. I bet aqua is one of your favorite colors. Strange how colors sync - now and then it seems like my knitting projects end up being variations of the same color - often blue and sometimes purple or pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have a 'type' and like what I like. I needed a specific colored yellow the other day and was searching through the stash. 8,000 shades of green, 1 skein of yellow.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I did! My wallet is still smoldering from over use. :)

      Delete
  6. It is definitely okay if it is small. The car and the stroller cannot accommodate a big blanket without it dragging all over the place. Lovely colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about the stroller drag. No chance of this one dragging the ground.

      Delete