Thursday, October 10, 2019

Golden

Remember me recently talking about having a 'thing' for the color aqua?  Well, apparently I also have a 'thing' for golden colored yarns.


I bought a few golden colored yarns at the Montpelier Fiber Festival last weekend and since it's a Thursday, I thought I'd show you three of them.

The big, giant skein is 950 glorious yards of fingering weight superwash merino from Beaver Creek Yarns.  The yarn came with a free pattern for a ripple type shawl.  I can not wait to start knitting with this yarn!

Next up is Octoberfest, also from Beaver Creek.  This skein is destined to become Halloween socks.  This skein is making me wish that my name included "I dream of" because I would give anything to be able to blink and have the socks already knit.

And last, from that 50% off booth that didn't have a name, two skeins of Magico II.  I have no specific plans for this yarn but it will most likely end up being a shawl or large scarf.  No plans, I just liked the colorway.

I hope you'll join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday.  I also hope that if you didn't see it, you'll take a peek at my Three on Thursday post from last week.  I completely forgot to link it to Carole's or to do any type of promotion.  Oops! The post contained a free pattern and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

Meanwhile, I have a few thousand packing boxes to fill.  Think of me while you knit please.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all beautiful skeins! Looking forward to seeing what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have bought every one of them too. What beautiful colorways. Connecting Thread had a fabric collection called Golden Moments which was aqua, gold and red and I loved it so much I have never used the fabric. I just like looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous finds at your festival! That HUGE skein is especially gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how you can be drawn to a colour without realising until you lay yarn out. I recently started gravitating to those with pink in, even though it's a colour I'm not mad about overall.

    ReplyDelete