Thursday, October 17, 2019

Three on Thursday

Three random questions I've been pondering...

1.  My knitting books and The Move.  Do I take all my knitting books with me or do I depend on Ravelry for patterns?  And if I take my books, do I take All of them, or only a few?  What is a few?  Do I set a limit on how many I can take?  How low should that limit be?  I think I might cry without my books but...  They do take up an awful lot of space and honestly, I usually depend on Ravelry for pattern inspiration and Youtube for help.  But without my books, it may feel more like prison than a step towards the big life goal.

2.  Harry Potter.  What is it with all the Harry Potter stuff that keeps popping up?  Have you noticed?  It seems like everyone is once again knitting Harry Potter stuff.  Why?  Not that Harry Potter wasn't a fantastic book and movie series.... but those books and movies came out years ago.  Years!  Why is everyone suddenly knitting Harry Potter stuff again?

Almost finished knitting this baby blanket in the car while driving to the new house
car knitting

3.  I bought SO much fall colored yarns over the summer... and here I am knitting for a spring baby.  Spring baby colors are completely different from fall adult colors.

Join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday party.

7 comments:

  1. I've noticed the HP stuff, too. My only guess is that there's a new generation discovering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think SJ is right about the Harry Potter stuff ... there was a whole rack of HP fabric at Jo Anns, too. and re: books and the move, I think you take your favorites and rely on Ravelry as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice (which you should feel free to ignore): pare down the books and only take a few. I did this and found so many patterns on ravelry that I don't miss the books at all. Keep the big life goal in mind (but not so much that it feels like prison)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, pared down my knitting book collection several years ago. (And I have never missed a ONE!) Not sure about the HP stuff . . . maybe it's the season??? And such a cute little baby knit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of those free little libraries that sits outside a local produce market and the other day I noticed that someone had filled it full of knitting books. I wondered how they could do that. I never use my books anymore either but I feel that they are a part of my knitting history. They will have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands which I'm pretty sure they will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as if you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I recently donated a lot of books to the local library (they have a used book sale yearly) but I kept a good number of knitting books. Everyone is different but I pare down slowly as it is always easy to donate books but not as easy to find some of my old favorites. That said, I probably have about ten that I refer to on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say look at the books and determine if any are really doubles of others or you won't really ever use. I just purged a bunch based on those criteria. If I couldn't identify 1-2 items from said book it got tossed.

    ReplyDelete