Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sunday Supper - Apple Spice Cake

Phew!  It has finally cooled off a little and is feeling a little more fall-like.  And now that it's below 95 degrees, I'm craving warm, fattening foods.  

#cooking from scratch #recipe #fallfoods #apples
Apple Spice Cake recipe from onelovelylife.com

And what could be warmer or more fattening than Apple Spice Cake?  This recipe from onelovelylife.com looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.

Now, if I can just figure out how to talk Sarah into baking it for me while convincing her and Mike that it tastes gross so they'll leave the whole cake for me.  Because you know, I need to eat an entire apple spice cake by myself.    Hey, stop looking at me like that - it's got fruit in it.

6 comments:

  1. That does look good. I'm in bear mode also. I want to stuff my face with all the carbs and then take a nice long nap. It happens every year about this time and I always say I'm going to override it and then I never do. Fall food is just too good. Being able to turn the oven on it quite the treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven is a magical place and I love pretty much anything that comes out of it.

      Delete
  2. I love a good apple cake with warm caramel sauce. I too am thinking about my autumn favorites - pumpkin bars, gingerbread. I'm off to check out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Gingerbread! It's one of my favorites but no one else in the family likes it so I rarely make it.

      Delete
  3. Yum, that does look good, and I just so happen to have a good apple harvest this year. Why is it that we want to eat comfort food when the cooler weather arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter & I go apple picking every year and I'm a little worried we won't get a chance to go this year due to the impending move.

      Delete