Tuesday, October 15, 2019

10-42

I'm 10-42.  I have ended my tour of duty.  I'm officially a trophy wife now.  My dear, sweet husband says I can't claim to be a housewife because housewives cook and clean.  Nice. Real nice, Mike.  

Anyway...

I mentioned the other day that we are moving down to my mother-in-law's house to help take care of her.  Her house is about 55 miles from my job.  I was planning to finish out the season and just deal with the drive but.... The MIL is requiring a little more assistance now than she did a month ago so I quit my job to fulfill the role of main caregiver.  Yikes!

Sunday night's shift was my last and it was bittersweet.  As miserable as it could be sometimes, I loved my job.  Even the miserable tasks were fun in that way running a marathon is fun.  The people were great, my boss was the best you could ever hope for and the place felt like home.  I was pretty sad to leave.  But...

Sad as I was to leave, I'm going to have my weekends free and I'll be able to, eventually, adapt to a normal person's sleep cycle so that I'm awake during the day instead of all night.  I'm Very excited about that!

The other thing I'm excited about?


Perhaps the thing I'm most excited about....  I can go back to carrying a purse with a wallet.  And the wallet can contain cash!  That might not sound like a big thing to most people but after spending six years having to carry my stuff in a clear bag and not being allowed to have cash on my person....  An actual wallet with cash in it is huge.  Huge!

So that's the big news.  I quit my job and get to carry a real wallet now.  It was only fitting that after not raining for almost two full months, I got to walk the park in the pouring down rain on my last day.  King's Dominion's way of saying goodbye, I guess.

I'm going to miss my job but I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

And on that note, don't be surprised if my posting get's a little spotty over the next week or two.  We have so much we need to accomplish between now and the closing, I'm not even sure I'll get to knit a few rows each day.  Yikes!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a trophy wife and good luck in this next phase of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I felt the same way when I took early retirement to deal with my Daddio issues. Working was so much easier than what I went through with him but now that it's over I know I made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't read here for a week and missed some huge news! Good luck with the move (and adapting to living with your mother in law - you must have a better relationship with her than I have with mine, because I'd never do that and she wouldn't want me to).
    Leaving a job you love is sad, but it's for a good cause. And you'll be able to knit more, so that's a win ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im delighted for you ! A wise decision with an elderly loved one needing help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I'm envious I guess - lol. Good luck with all that you have going on. I'm curious though, why were you not allowed to carry cash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you'll be sitting around in your PJs eating bonbons and knitting all day, right? Well, at least you will be somewhat free and helping your MIL to stay in her home as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and all the best on this next adventure. Sending good wishes, too, that the move goes smoothly AND that you get at least a little bit of knitting time every day!

    ReplyDelete