Thursday, March 21, 2019

Three on Thursday - Summer Tops

It's Thursday so you know what that means.  

Three summer tops I'd like to knit. 

I don't know why I suddenly have such a strong desire to knit myself a summer top.  I spend about 94% of the summer in my work uniform and if I'm not at work, I'm either asleep or at Walmart.  It's also extremely hot and humid during the summers here in Virginia.  The idea of wearing anything heavier than a cotton t-shirt is just... unthinkable.  But despite all that, I have the urge to knit myself a summer top so of course I went Ravelry browsing.

Easy to knit simple summer top with lace panels on the shoulders and sides.
Novel-T

This is Novel-T designed by Laura Nelkin.  I love this top's simple lines and the strip of lace running under the arms and across the shoulders.


This simple summer top can be knit from a cropped top to a full length dress.
Sleeveless Slipover

This one is Sleeveless Slipover from Churchmouse Yarns.  The design seems so basic and not all that interesting but....  The pattern is written so that you can knit any length from a cropped top to a full length dress.  I just love that!  I also love that you could wear it with or without the shirt underneath.  It may be a simple looking top, but this versatile design could be worn all year long.  It's also a design I could easily see myself wearing.

This knitted summer top is plain in the front and fancy in the back.
Davit

And Davit, designed by Amy Palmer.  Although the shaping wouldn't look great on me, this one is my favorite of the three.  I just love the simple front and that crossed back.  Absolutely love it!  It might not look all that great on me, but I bet it would be terrific on my daughter.

Now the hard part.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Join me over at Carol's to see others' Three on Thursday posts.


5 comments:

  1. Nice collection of summer knits! I'm partial to the middle tank -- just because that's the one I'd want for myself. :-) Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice - three great patterns - they all look perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely! I like the idea of the one over the tee shirt. I knit one years ago but it's so see thru that I can't wear it. I bought a cami to put under it but that didn't work either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your summer plans are a bit more formed than mine ... which is good because maybe one of these could show up in my list, too! I LOVE that shaping detail on the back of Davit. One of my friends just finished Cullum (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cullum) and that's a strong contender, too! Happy Thursday ... and happy knitting plans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about doing Davit last year and not sure why I didn't.

    ReplyDelete