Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Supper - Cabbage Lasagna

First, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

photo courtesy of web.mta.info
photo courtesy of web.mta.info

Although I've got some Irish blood, we won't be celebrating the day with traditional Irish foods because someone forgot to grocery shop.  

Well, okay, okay.  Maybe that someone was just too busy knitting and didn't want to grocery shop. 

Whatever.  We won't be having corned beef and cabbage tonight.  But we do have a head of cabbage in the refrigerator and I have been trying to cut back on the carbs lately so....

Easy, low carb recipe for lasagna made with cabbage instead of pasta
cabbage lasagna, photo courtesy of www.delish.com

Cabbage lasagna.  But shhh....  don't tell the family.  Based on how last week's carrot fries went over, I don't think anyone besides me is going to be excited about lasagna made with cabbage.  I have high hopes though.  Cabbage has become a staple in my diet (mine, not theirs) and everyone loves meaty tomato sauce so...  I'm excited to try it.

If you'd like to take a chance, you can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds just like stuffed cabbage to me but easier! I used to love it when mom made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another option is Zucchini Lasagna! https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=363

    ReplyDelete