Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Supper

If I can get my husband to agree to it, or perhaps despite him, I plan to make carrot fries tonight.  I enjoy roasted asparagus in place of french fries, so why not roasted carrots?  After all, we are trying to eat healthier and I do need to fit into my work uniform soon.  

photo and recipe courtesy of www.tasteofhome.com
photo and recipe courtesy of www.tasteofhome.com

Carrot Fries

Carrots
olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Peel and slice the carrots into french fry shaped sticks.  Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Spread the carrot sticks out on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Flip the carrots over and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the sticks are tender and slightly crunchy.

And to go with our carrot fries, we'll have burgers on the grill to celebrate the start of Day Light Savings.  It's tradition.




2 comments:

  1. We had roasted asparagus and hamburgers last night. I have a bag of carrots so now I'm going to have to give this a try. Every calorie counts when you've got to get into a Mother of the Groom dress in just two months. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make these. I love roasted asparagus...unfortunately I enjoy fries with that!

    ReplyDelete