Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Run over

Oh. My. Goodness!  I feel like I've been run over by a big, giant, fully loaded Mac truck.  The season has started and I'm back at work and it is very, very obvious that I should have spent my couple of months off at the gym instead of sitting on my butt Knitflexing.  I have sore muscles in places I didn't know I had muscles.  Someone please, please remind me of this feeling come January so that I, hopefully, won't repeat this experience.

Despite the sore muscles, it's good to be back at work.  I've missed the people and well, let's face it - the paycheck.  

But seeing the people and getting the paycheck means I've had less time to knit.  

I'm knitting a beaded estonian lace shawl.
Madli's Shawl

I've made a little progress on my Madli shawl.  I am SO freaking glad I ditched the pi shawl idea and cast this one on instead.  I'm also very pleased with the beading.  I wasn't too sure about it at first.  Maybe because there are so few beads compared to the recently finished Jeweled Cowl but they looked weird at first.  There weren't enough or something.  They just looked so random.  But now that I've gotten a little further along with the knitting, I'm happy with them.  They remind me of dew drops glinting in the sun.  

Knitting a blanket from a sock blank I made when I had to cut off a portion of my knitting due to a huge mistake I'd made.
self-made Kroy sock blank

And, I've been steadily working on re-knitting my Paton's Kroy blanket.  You may recall I had to cut off about 16 inches of knitted fabric, basically all of February's knitting progress.  I've been using the cut off part like a sock blank and I only have three more inches of fabric to knit from until I'm back to where I started.  It's a good thing that I (1) like knitting with Kroy yarn, (2) the yarn is striped and colorful and (3) the blanket is plain garter stitch so I can read books, blogs and email while I knit.  Otherwise, I would have tossed the whole mess in the trash can.

As for what I'm reading these days....  I'm hanging my head in shame but yes, I'm Still reading Disturb Not the Dream.  The scary stuff is starting to happen and I realized I was having some disturbing dreams of my own so now I'm trying not to read it just before bed time.  And between bed time being my main reading time and going back to work....  I've only managed to read a few chapters over the past week.

But for now, I'm going to forget about my knitting and my scary book, try to stand up, take a few steps and attempt to raise my arms over my head.  I'm hoping this will help work a few of the kinks out of my poor, tired, stiff muscles.  Good grief!  I did get a lot of knitting done over the winter but I sure am paying the price for it now.

10 comments:

  1. Work. It really does get in the way sometimes, doesn't it??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is just spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor dear! I hope your body acclimates quickly. Now I am remembering why I adore that Madli shawl!!! Maybe I need to rethink knitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful knitting!! I don't mind being mildly sore but if I'm overly sore I cannot function in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck as you venture back to work, it definitely cuts into your knitting time, I should know that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, the age old conundrum: time but no money, money but no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl is gorgeous. My sympathy to your sore self!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the process of looking for some work, but resist because it will cut into my quiet / craft time. I get it! Love that orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shawl is just beautiful! The beading is really perfect! Hopefully your muscles are back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shawl is going to be lovely. I've never done beading but your work is making me think twice about giving it a try. Take good care of all those sore muscles.

    ReplyDelete