Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Spring!

I think spring is finally here.  It's been three weeks since we've had any snow or ice.  The constant rain has stopped.  Our daytime temperatures are ranging from 50 to 90 and our nighttime temps are in the 40 - 55 range.  And Little Red is perpetually yellow no matter how many times I hose her off.  I think it's definitely springtime in Virginia.  Finally!

And I've been spending every possible sunny moment outside.

Enjoying being outside in the spring weather and knitting outdoors.
Knitting So Faded on the deck.

And have no fear.  I'm not being productive outside.  There's no gardening, outdoor homeowner tasks or exercise going on around here.  I'm just hanging out on the deck, knitting and 'reading.'

Enjoying my first Audible book.
Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh

I'm still not 100% sure that it's legal to call listening to an audible book "reading" but whatever.  Plenty of people say it's okay, so I may as well go with the flow.  I finally broke down and joined Audible.  Or at least I tried to.  The credit card I had on file with Amazon had expired and I got an error message when I first attempted to join.  I fixed the credit card issue and now I have the Audible logo/link on all my devices but...  I can't seem to access any other book except this one.  I click on the purchase button and nothing happens.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask my kids for help.

I hope you too are enjoying some spring weather! 

12 comments:

  1. Yay for spring! After a few great days, we've been in Autumn mode for two weeks, but today it's finally sunny again.
    That is a really, really cute car!
    Is listening to audiobooks reading too? Hmn. I guess it doesn't matter how you process a book. It's all about the story, after all.
    Then again, I do hope audiobooks won't replace real books completely (like podcasting is slowly overtaking the blogging world). I can read always and everywhere, but putting earplugs in to listen... I don't (like to) do that often. It feels disconnected (which can be a good thing sometimes but not always).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about ear plugs. It kills me to see the written word slowly fading away and as much as I LOVE my Kindle, I still love the look and smell of 'real' books.

      Delete
  2. After the winter, it's just lovely to sit outside and do anything, isn't it? Reading and knitting are particularly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find knitting and reading outside to be SO relaxing. And yes, it is Very nice to see the sun and feel it's warmth!

      Delete
  3. I haven't gotten into listening to books yet, I do like to read the words and have a book or kindle in my hand. I hope you iron out the issues with the audible site, I bet someone helps you on this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with audio books because I'm a horrible listener but it is nice to be able to 'read' an audible book while I knit a difficult pattern.

      Delete
  4. So wonderful to be outside (comfortably) again, isn't it? I think we may have gone from Winter to Summer in Eastern PA...high 80's today and 90 tomorrow!!

    I've toyed with joining audible, but I haven't enjoyed listening to books in the past. guess I should try getting some from the library first before committing.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a horrible listener so I'll have to see how Audible goes, but they do give me free books & the first month is free. As for the weather, this afternoon has me fighting the urge to complain about the heat. LOL I'm never happy!

      Delete
  5. I think we skipped Spring again this year and are headed to 1st Summer. In central and southern Indiana we usually have 3 summers. 1st Summer hits right after the snow and rain. We go to 70-80 degree weather. Then Summer Summer hits in June and lasts until September. 90-100 degrees EVERY DAY! Then we hit Fall Summer which last until November or December some years. You may think the day will be crisp and cool, but only for 5 minutes in the morning. Then its 80-90 degrees the rest of the day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds exactly like Virginia weather. Do you also have the fun, 4,000% humidity during your second summer?

      Delete
  6. Today it seems we skipped spring...it's HOT!

    Enjoy your book no matter how you "read" it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, our spring only lasted 2 days. It's in the 90's now. Good grief!

      Delete