Thursday, May 17, 2018

Two out of Three Ain't Bad

So, are you sick of hearing about my birthday yet?  Hopefully not, because I bought myself a couple of gifts and I thought I'd share them with you.


First, I bought The Miracle TimeCube.  I was introduced to it by Amy Landino, a YouTube vlogger that I follow.  I thought it was a little silly, but I Had to have one.  Just Had to!  And I'm so glad I bought one.  I can not believe how handy this little gadget has been.  I have ten minutes to spare before I need to leave for work and I decide to spend them reading...  Instead of spending five of those minutes fighting the timer on my phone, I simply rotate the TimeCube until the "10" is facing up.  I want to do a five minute brain dump - I just turn the Cube to 5.  I have used this little gadget so much in the week that I've owned it, I'm surprised I haven't already used up the batteries.  I absolutely love this little gadget!  


The next, or second, gift I bought myself turned out to be a worthless piece of garbage.  If you're thinking about buying one of these silicone ice bucket molds, don't!


First of all, the mold is nowhere near as big as the advertisement makes it look like.  It holds absolutely nothing!  And as for those 120 ice cubes it supposedly holds.... 

Most hail is larger than this ice cube!

The cubes are tiny.  Look how small they are compared to a normal ice tray.  I've made ice in the mold three times and still don't have enough ice to fill a single high ball glass.  And don't even get me started on how difficult it is to fill the mold with water without making a huge, giant, wet mess.  In other words, this product is total cr*p!  Do not waste your money on it.

Hawthorne fingering weight yarn from Knit Picks; value pack of yarn
Sunstorm Hawthorne value pack from Knit Picks

And third or last, there may have been a yarn purchase.  I couldn't help myself.  I tried and tried to resist Sunstorm but the yarn fumes got to me.  Besides, I needed something to make up for that ridiculous ice tray fiasco.

Join me for today's Three on Thursday link up over at Carole's.

14 comments:

  1. Love your gadget!!! I need one of those. And do not even get me started on that yarn. You have to stop!! I don't need any more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist that yarn. It screams tulips, pansies and irises, all my favorite flowers.

      Delete
  2. I don't think of myself as a gadget type of person, but I'm wondering if the the Miracle TimeCube might help me to not waste so much time. I often have a few minutes before a scheduled meeting or conference call, and I very often waste them on nonsense or a quick game of solitaire. I think if I set the timecube, I could possibly use those 5-10 minute increments for reading or knitting, and that would add up. Thanks, Happy Birthday, and that is beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do with those few minutes before work. And now I can actually read or knit instead of constantly checking the time. And thanks! I'm SO excited about the new yarn haul.

      Delete
  3. The cube I think is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But I did have to laugh when the ad suggested I use the 1 minute timer when exercising to time my planks. Planks?? I think not!

      Delete
  4. Love that cube...I think I need one. But, seriously, planks??? Nope. Lovely yarn. I will not look at Knitpicks, repeating, I will NOT look at Knitpicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? I'm much more likely to time how many stitches I can knit in a minute than planks.

      Delete
  5. Oooooooooo...all the pretty YARNS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to knit with them. I'm struggling to stay monogamous with the sweater I'm currently knitting.

      Delete
  6. happy birthday and those yarn adoptions are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It think so too. Can't wait to start knitting with them.

      Delete
  7. Yarn fumes are very dangerous!
    It's funny how some gadgets are life-saving, while others are just plain junk.
    I'm not much of a gadget person -- I'd rather spend my money on yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for kitchen gadgets, which is strange, because I don't cook and am worthless in the kitchen. Oh, and pens. I have a serious problem with buying pens. It's probably a good thing though - pens take up a lot less space than yarn!

      Delete