Monday, May 21, 2018

Makers' Monday

I'm going to have to send my husband out of town while I stay home and eat nothing but cake more often.  I got so much knitting done last week!

Knitting a modified So Faded sweater with Knit Pick's Hawthorne yarn
So Faded Sweater

The body of my So Faded sweater is almost finished. 

The sweater is a little big.  Cough, cough.  Someone may have failed to gauge swatch before casting on.  But I think it will be okay with a few modifications.  I decreased a few stitches a couple of times and I've decided to do a split hem to avoid that blousy (blousey?? Spellcheck won't tell me.) look at the bottom.  I think I'm going to be very happy with it.  The loose style will look a lot better on me than a fitted sweater anyway.  I'm going to have to figure out something for the sleeves, but I'll deal with them once the body if finished.

So, I need to find somewhere to send my spouse this week.  Got a spare room?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you did get a lot of knitting done! Isn't it funny how husbands get in the way with knitting? You'd think they'd sit quietly and/or do their own things, but apparantly husbands need some attention too ;-)
    Nope, no spare room here. And no time for another husband either.
    But maybe you're on to something: husbands keeping each other entertained, while wifes keep knitting. Must find a knitting friend with a nice husband...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he suspects something fishy is going on because I suggested (rather strongly) that he go play golf today. A new playmate for him sounds like a good idea though.

      Delete
  2. Can he build things? Like quilt ladders? Or refinish furniture? If so, I'll take him! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got to work something out because yes, he's a home builder. He should be able to build a quilt ladder. Getting him to build a quilt ladder is a totally different thing but... :)

      Delete
  3. Does he do windows????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...I'm looking forward to mine vacating the house for a couple of days this upcoming holiday weekend. Hoping/planning for lots of knitting and/or sewing time!! You did get so much done on your sweater. those colors keep calling me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I'm Loving how the colors in this sweater have blended together. I'm so happy with it!

      Delete
  5. gauge? what is that? ha ha, I do that all the time, that is why I knit repeatedly with the same yarns cuz I know my gauge and then don't have to do that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's also why I tend to knit shawls and scarves instead of sweaters.

      Delete