Friday, March 31, 2023

Hue Shift

 I couldn't help myself.


I had to start the Hue Shift afghan.  I just couldn't stand to wait any longer.


Hue Shift is a mitered square blanket knit with Brava from Knit Picks.  Or at least, mine is.  The pattern also includes instructions for using Mighty Stitch yarn.  Knit Picks sells kits with several different color combinations and there's even a crochet kit.  

The blanket is knit in four sections that you can arrange in different ways before sewing them together to get completely different looks.  I'm a little concerned about my ability to power through this blanket without putting it aside to knit something else but, the frequent color changes will keep it interesting and as luck would have it, the last section contains my favorite colors.  I'm hoping that motivates me to keep knitting.


Meanwhile, Hayden keeps me in stitches by making funny faces.


Happy knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked this pattern, but the one time I tried to buy a kit, it was sold out. I saw that as a sign that I should probably stick to my stash for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to get my kit out and get started. It's such a beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete