Friday, March 10, 2023

Picot

Why did I ever think a picot bindoff on this shawl was a good idea?


I'm on day four of binding off this shawl and I have just gotten to the midpoint.  Good grief!  Granted, I've had work and our washing machine broke so I spent yesterday doing my laundry at a friend's house instead of knitting but still.... Four days to reach the halfway point!  

Despite my poor choice of bindoff...  I'm loving this shawl.  I love the color combo and the yarn...  The yarn is Knit Pick's Capretta which is a merino and cashmere blend.  It's incredibly soft and wonderful to knit with.  I can't say enough good things about this yarn.  I'm totally smitten with it.  As much as I want to be done with that picot bindoff, I will be sad to stop knitting with this yarn.

And as much as I'm complaining about the picot bindoff, I really do like the look of it.  I can't wait to finish the shawl and get it blocked.  

...And then you can hear me complain about pinning all those little picot points. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Meanwhile,  my granddaughter likes to help me feed the birds.


While I fill the hanging feeders, she feeds the big birds on the ground.

I can't belive Hayden is about to turn three.  Where does the time go?

4 comments:

  1. Picot bind-offs take forever, but they are so worth it! Do you have blocking wires? One tip I picked up years ago is that if you do, you can thread the wire through the picot points to block them. It takes a little bit of time, but it makes it much simpler to get them all pinned out the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have wires. And I'm just realizing how foolish I've been in the past. I've always used the wires on the shawl edge then pinned the picot bumps with pins. How much time have I wasted doing it that way?? Aack! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. isn't your grand a sweetie! I like the look of a picot edge but not doing a picot edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in that particular picot hell myself but it does look so nice when it's done. Capretta is a dream to work with and it holds up pretty well too. I used it to line some mittens that get hard wear and they still look great.

    ReplyDelete