Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thank you for all the picot sympathy and support.  Day four was the magic number.  I pretty much did nothing but picot bindoff all day long and got the shawl finished.  I still haven't blocked it, but I will - soon.  And then I'll show it off.

The Winterfest sweater sleeve-fest continues.  And continues and continues. I'm still on the first half of the first sleeve. It's a bit of a slog.  My sized sleeves in fingering weight, on US 1 needles, in dark gray makes for some mighty slow knitting.  But I am making progress. I imagine my need for a wool sweater is probably over for the season so I'm not stressing over it.

When I get too bored with the Winterfest sleeve knitting, I switch to Northern Lights socks.  The yarn is Patons Kroy Socks, which, as cheap sock yarn goes, I love.  The color in the photo is fairly accurate except that the really dark stripe that looks black on my screen is actually a deep purply maroon.  I'm totally in love with it.


But what I'm in love with most is my new light-up birdfeeder.  It's solar powered and lights up in the dark.  I absolutely love it!  If you love it too and want one of your own, you can find it here on Amazon. (And no, I'm not affiliated.  Just really, really happy with mine.)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!




3 comments:

  1. That birdfeeder is gorgeous! If I didn't have a yard full of predatory cats I would buy one in a minute.
    I love the stripes on your sleeve. Who knew that color combo would look so great together.

    ReplyDelete