Sunday, December 5, 2021

Sunday Supper Holiday Edition

It's that time of year.  Cookie baking time.  So, I thought this month's Sunday Supper posts would be Christmas cookie related.

And because everyone who tastes one asks for the recipe, I thought I'd re-share my rum ball recipe.


I'm starting off the month with this recipe because they really should be made a week or so ahead of time.  Not that I know if they are really any better if allowed to sit for a week.  My husband tends to eat them as fast as I can make them.  He tends to eat the ones that are set aside for gifts too.  I pretty much have to make them and deliver them within 24 hours if I want anything to actually deliver.  They really are that good!

Happy rum balling!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We're planning on making some cookies when we're in Florida, and these sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rum balls and rum cake. When The Mister was a mailman he had a woman on his route that made the best Bacardi cake ever. We looked forward to getting one every Christmas. If and when I ever get my kitchen back I just might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently discovered rum cake. Need to find a recipe... And then talk my daughter into baking it because she is a Much better baker than I.

      Delete
  3. My Mom used to make rum balls and give them to all of the neighbors along with her famous fudge. Thanks for the sweet memory. I haven't thought of them in years.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go the easy route and make a nut mix. The Holiday pack from Planters and a bag of MMs! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete