Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas is how many days away?

 I feel like I'm totally failing Chrismtas this year and I'm not sure why.  I think that it's more like I'm not really enjoying it.  Normally the rush and the hassles and the days and days of pure panic mode get me in the Christmas spirit.  I seem to enjoy the frantic pre-Christmas life.  

But this year, because of the Winterfest booth, I've had to be a little more organized and I've had to get things done in advance instead of doing Every Single Thing on December 23rd.  Yes, normally, I find ways to busilly procrastinate until at least 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve Eve and then PURE TOTAL PANIC kicks in, along with a little Christmas magic and I get it all done.  Yes, I have hemmed, cross stitched and blocked hats and gloves on the car radiator vents on the way to the recipeints' house, but I've always gotten it all done.  And I kinda love that Christmas stress. 

But this year, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Day, I will be working at the Winterfest booth every single night starting tonight and going through January 2nd.  Every. Single. Night.  And by night, I mean I leave home around 1 p.m. every day and get home around midnight.

And because I am NOT a morning person and I have enough trouble leaving the house at 1:00 p.m. every day, I don't accomplish much in the mornings. So, I've had to prepare a little bit in advance this year.

So...

The gifts are bought.  And wrapped.  I've even taken them off the wrapping table and put them under the tree!

The hand-made gifts are made and finished. Gasp!


I've taken the annual tacky Christmas lights tour with Sarah.

The Winterfest booth is stocked.  Maybe not as well stocked as it was on opening weekend, but it's stocked with a decent selection of items.

The cookie dough is made and in the freezer in little balls just waiting to be baked next week.  (Thank you Sarah!)


The rum balls have been made and the kitchen cleaned up.  It never fails to amaze me just how far powdered sugar can fly!

I have either watched or pre-recorded my favorite Christmas movies so I can watch them while I'm having coffee and waking up in the mornings.


And Amazon delivered the last of the packages yesterday. 

Hmm, maybe I'm not done making gifts after all.  Yikes!

And, because I promised myself I wasn't going to kill myself worrying about getting last minute stuff done while dealing with Winterfest every day, there's a very good chance this will be my last post for 2021.  Well, that's not true.  I've written a couple of Sunday Supper posts in advance.  But other than that, this is probably my last post.  So,...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!



4 comments:

  1. I am ready except I haven't decided to bake or not to bake, it's not that important to me I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little worried about getting everything ready for Chanukah because it started so early this year, but now I have to say that I'm feeling relieved that it's over. I hope you can get everything done with time to relax before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all done too. Everything is wrapped and either shipped out or under the tree. I hope Winterfest goes well for you and that you can relax and enjoy your preparations.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some commitment you made to Winterfest. I can't believe you've gotten so much done with all that entails. I've done pretty much nothing. No baking, no shopping, no wrapping, no outside lights, no tree up yet. I did make cards and get them sent out. That's something I guess.

    ReplyDelete